TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Nothing but TT problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nothing but TT problems

Everybody asks do you love your TT? I never know quite how to answer them. I want to Love it, but it is very difficult when there is continual problems.
I purchased this vehicle in Oct 2001, the car sold itself, the sales man didn't have to do much work.
The day I picked the car up the people @ Audi did not have the paper work together properly and I didn't get to drive out of there until later on that evening. I woke up the next morning to only notice a ding was on the passenger front side on the bottom, when all I did was drive from the dealership to my home. I also noticed that the CD player was missing. I now went back and spoke to the manager and he agreed to fix it for no cost, and to install the CD player. I believe they were agreeable to this as the vehicle had a small amount of mileage due to the specific car I had wanted that had to be driven from another dealership.
I didn't have my car for a week or so after the purchase so they could fix the damage and install the CD player. As the winter months went by and rain started to become part of and everyday occurrence, I noticed that my electrical dash started to act up. Between shorting out completely or just displaying strange messages. Shortly after that I noticed one speaker would go off and on @ it's leisure until it completely blew out.
Back to Audi again for services.
The tires started to wear thin, and I learned that Audi wasn't responsible for tires, there is only 7,000 miles on the vehicle.
When I got back my vehicle from Audi the car was slipping out of gear. I couldn't understand why.
Well,... The clutch was Bad!!!
I brought it back to Audi again, and asked why wasn't this checked when you had it here???
The man told me in service that they will only check things that the vehicle is in for and they didn't notice that the car was staling????
Back to Audi again after having the car back for only Two days. Since now it was days from 4th of July wknd they explained to me that I would not have my car until much later into the following week, so I had to drive a Ford Taurus and sacrifice my convertible because the car could not be driven in that condition!
Months later the electrical dash goes out once again.
In for service.
A month after that the car stoles on the expressway and I am left stranded for 4 hours until the Audi finally got the tow to me. Ignition coils went bad.
Parts won't be in until 2 weeks.
So instead they give me other ignition coils they had from another car to get me with my vehicle faster, for them to only go bad again. A letter follows a month later from Audi informing me of the recall on bad ignition coils.
After complaining some to Audi they sent me one car payment to shut me up and that is not enough to compensate what has happened thus soo far.
My car just got back from service recently once again the windshield wipers went bad, the fan belt was lose, they replaced the coils for the third time. I complained about a noise it is making when I start the car and shift gears, I believe it is the clutch once again, the report came back negative.
P.S I bring it back this week as the water hose underneath got loose and broke, needs a new parts, and my one speaker is blown again, and Yes the CLUTCH IS SLIPPING ONCE AGAIN after driving this wknd and it's hesitation on hills.
Audi knows how unhappy I am as they kiss my bling,bling every time I come in or when they call. But I believe I need to lemon law this car. I am up to 22,000 miles. In Oct this year will be 2 years.
I wanted this car to be everything I imagined it to. Not sure how to feel cause it is quite beautiful and I do love to drive it when it works! Any others have anything similar happening? Any suggestions....
curious
Old 09-02-2003, 08:32 AM

start the lemon law process asap, even if you decide not to do it, don't miss your chance IMO
Old 09-02-2003, 09:27 AM

Default You are scaring me, how would one start the lemon law process?

I'm getting my 2002 TT soon and hope I don't get those problems you just described. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:27 AM

I think 22,000 miles is too many for the Lemon Law :/
Old 09-02-2003, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't think he can lemon the car, clutch is a wear item, coils are OK if replaced. The rest of it

..may be annoying but is minor.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sounds like more than anything else you need a new dealer.

Most of these are pretty minor issues that should have been taken care of on the first try. The clutch wear is odd with so few miles and I'd want that looked into.
If you can't get your dealer to really work with you to fix these items, and you don't have another dealer you can work with then it's time to dump the car and save yourself from further frustration.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:46 AM

Default I feel for ya man.

See my post from yesterday-you're not alone. BTW how did you go about contacting AoA to compensate you for a payment?
Old 09-02-2003, 10:30 AM

Depends on his state. Some qualify cars as lemons if they've simply been down being repair too much
Old 09-02-2003, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Depends on his state. Some qualify cars as lemons

Thanks guys for some of the advice. I have some info but not enough, that is why I came to this site hoping to see what you guys would say or recommend. I reside in NY, by the way and To those that think I am a guy think again ...the following is what I learned for "my" state anyway, not sure if there might be a loop hole given the circumstances. Also, How I got compensated for some type of payment is when Audi themselves called me to ask about the service they provided after car was in for service and I then filed a case with follow up phone calls.

NEW CAR LEMON LAW BILL OF RIGHTS

IN ADDITION TO ANY WARRANTlES OFFERED BY THE MANUFACTURER, YOUR NEW CAR, IF PURCHASED AND REGISTERED IN NEW YORK STATE, IS WARRANTED AGAINST ALL MATERIAL DEFECTS FOR EIGHTEEN THOUSAND MILES OR TWO YEARS, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.

YOU MUST REPORT ANY PROBLEMS TO THE MANUFACTURER, ITS AGENT, OR AUTHORIZED DEALER.

UPON NOTIFICATION, THE PROBLEM MUST BE CORRECTED FREE OF CHARGE.

IF THE SAME PROBLEM CANNOT BE REPAIRED AFTER FOUR OR MORE ATTEMPTS; OR IF YOUR CAR IS OUT OF SERVICE TO REPAIR A PROBLEM FOR A TOTAL OF THIRTY DAYS DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD; OR IF THE MANUFACTURER OR ITS AGENT REFUSES TO REPAIR A SUBSTANTIAL DEFECT OR CONDITION WITHIN TWENTY DAYS OF RECEIPT OF NOTICE SENT BY YOU TO THE MANUFACTURER BY CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED; THEN YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO EITHER A COMPARABLE CAR OR A REFUND OF YOUR PURCHASE PRICE, PLUS LICENSE AND REGISTRATION FEES, MINUS A MILEAGE ALLOWANCE ONLY IF THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN DRIVEN MORE THAN 12,000 MILES.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:55 AM
bpr

Default Re: Nothing but TT problems -- me, too!

Sorry to hear that you've suffered from a variation on the theme that I went through. My 2001 TT 225hp Coupe turned into such a lemon about 18 months into my owning it. It spent 14 out of 27 weeks in the shop this year alone. Unfortunately, I live in MA and no longer qualified for the lemon law (12 months/15K miles limitation). So I ended up having to sell my lemon back to my dealer at a loss...and I've moved onto to other, more reliable vehicles.

Quick Reply: Nothing but TT problems