TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

ok,I have a guy in my room whos a Beeeemer head.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok,I have a guy in my room whos a Beeeemer head.....

I need some good arguments here,as to whyhe should get an AUDI.......I need some good stuff
Old 07-20-2005, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Expert

They are considerably less expensive?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Rest In Peace

Default the original....Quattro...not that X crap that BMW has>>.

and oh yeah...Audi costs less than a BMW new....and still leads the market in Fit and finish....
and Audi has not been BANGELIZED yet...;-P
Old 07-20-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Quattro

Being a self-proclaimed Bimmer Head myself (Beamer/Beemer= BMW Motorcycles, Bimmer = BMW cars FYI) Quattro or the great looks of the TT would be the only reason to get me to switch to Audi and it worked for me.
I'm not a fan of the new direction of the BMW line, I love my 99 E46 323i and even in the following years they mucked up that design with different front bumpers and other bits that seemed to get ugly to me.
To me the rest of the Audi line is uninspired and unemotional and I'd rather be in a Banglemobile than another A4 with no lines or beauty. Personal opinion of course but other than the TT there hasn't been a single car in production by Audi that has been of any interest to me.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Aside from the price and quattro??? Some bimmers are a better car then audi ....

For example, I'd pick the older 5 series of A6 any day. BMW is a better car for an enthusiast, it connects you to the road better then anyone else for that money, but that slightly better margin is nothing when compared to the Audi's better price. Audi has quattro...so if you want an AWD got to go Audi. Bimmer's AWD options SUCK big time and make what was originally a very well made car into total crap. Anyone who gets an AWD bimmer (except X3/5) should be SHOT! Waste of money. FWD Audi vs. RWD Bimmer is a no contest...bimmer is waaay ahead. AWD Audi vs. RWD Bimmer is more similar in price (audi is still cheaper) but then it becomes a matter of preference, and since I must have AWD...its an easy choice. If you really want to shut him up, tell him you get to have fun all year round, while he has to suck it up in the winter and rain.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:13 AM

Default try this

A8 auto week magazine luxury car of the year
S4 made bmw redo the m3 (the only real car in the lineup) and the new m3 only approaches the s4 in performance
tt compare the fit and finish with the z4 not even close
avant used you actually pay more for a station wagon and like it. as much room as an suv luxury ride and only a little more for awd
other than m3 what else do they have
Old 07-20-2005, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hell Sal, the fact that you drive one ought to be enuf to convince him.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lol...approaches in performance? S4 is almost as good as the E46 M3 and the updated M3 will kill an

S4, actually that is probably why RS4 is being released. Every single BMW will outperform its Audi sibling and thats THAT! Not sure where you're getting your info from. There is only one car that is not matched by BMW and thats S8, but who really cares about a large limo that is a poor performer to begin with (AMG will smoke it). There is also the RS6 which is a competitor to an M5 (not the S6), but on a race track RS6 will blow and the new M5 will atleast match it in acceleration numbers. Performance wise, BMW is simply ahead! BTW I don't recall any other car beating a 5 series in magazine reveiews.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Don't do it......

All brands have quirks and problems. With any luck he'll end up with a lemon with nothing but problems and you'll end up having to never hear the end of it because you convinced him to get an Audi instead of a BMW.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

because their timing belts are good for 105K miles??

Quick Reply: ok,I have a guy in my room whos a Beeeemer head.....