TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

OK, i've tried to be patient, but now i'm getting TICKED OFF - more....

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-1999, 08:05 AM
JMaTT

Default OK, i've tried to be patient, but now i'm getting TICKED OFF - more....

Like most people here, I ordered my TT about 100 years ago, got on order #, then a vin, then a production week, then a ready to ship status, etc, etc.

Bottom line: My car has been at the port in Boston since at least September 10th. As of today, it is STILL THERE!!!! What is everyone else's experience? Is this normal? I'm starting to get paranoid!!!

HELP!!!!!! Where is my car!!!!!
Old 10-05-1999, 08:17 AM
impatient as well

Re: offer to take it to the dealer yourself :-) (nt)
Old 10-05-1999, 08:22 AM
JMaTT

Default Believe me, I already made that offer. (nt)

nt
Old 10-05-1999, 08:58 AM
sjv

Default Re: OK, i've tried to be patient, but now i'm getting TICKED OFF - more....

The impression I've gotten, is that the updates are often out of date, and the car may show up at any moment, even though it sez it's at the port. Seems like that happens quite a bit.

-steve
Old 10-05-1999, 10:05 AM
B Collins

Default The dealer has no control over how long a car sits in the port (more)

It's all up to AoA, and they don't give information out. In May, I was in your position, with my car stuck in port, apparently unable to clear AoA's inspection, but no one could or would tell me why. The dealer came to my rescue by giving me another car (that had been earmarked for the owner of the dealership). Good luck.
Old 10-05-1999, 10:58 AM
Koo

Default I don't know about that (more)

My TT came to port in Boston on 9/10 also. When it got to be a couple of weeks later, my dealer called AoA of his own volition and said his customer (me) was getting upset because of the wait. Then on 9/25, the dealer called me to say the car would be on his lot for me to pick up the next day. So I DO think the dealer has some control here, at least that's the way it was represented to me. And by the way, I had the Audi phone installed at port, which would have given them an excuse to keep it even longer. Koo
Old 10-05-1999, 11:03 AM
Jim Torongo

THE END IS NEAR...JIM (nt)
Old 10-05-1999, 11:36 AM
Joe

Default You're spooking me. Mine was on the boat three weeks ago--and no update yet. AND...

My birthday is Sunday. I WANT MY TT!!!!
Old 10-05-1999, 11:38 AM
Jay E.

Default Same thing happened to me.....

I took it upon myself to locate another car in the MA/NH area that was not spoken for. I found one in Dover NH...Same color/Same options/Same Price....What do you think I did? As soon as I cancelled my order, my car arrived at the dealership (over 1 month at the port). TOO LATE!
Sorry for the caps, but I was pissed.....Anyway, that's what I did...Best of luck with your search.
Old 10-05-1999, 11:44 AM
Brian

Default Re; Port paranoia

If it were me, wearing my conspiracy theorist hat, I would worry that the car was damaged in transit and awaiting parts and/or repair. Or perhaps some embattled longshoreman had taken up residence inside. Look for Burger King wrappers under the seat - it's a sure sign.

Quick Reply: OK, i've tried to be patient, but now i'm getting TICKED OFF - more....