TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Ok so for my first wash and wax - did the 4 hour process. Would like to touch it up - what should I

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok so for my first wash and wax - did the 4 hour process. Would like to touch it up - what should I

Do?

I figure just a regular wash with the zymol soap... no hdcleanse - no clay bar, wipe dry - and then reapply wax?
Old 09-13-2002, 04:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default you dont need to do a wax everytime, probably more often than

other colors since blk shows so many imperfections.

I recommend that you buy a spray detailer from Griots or similar. I use Meguire's Spray Detailer and that keeps the finish smooth and shiny.

If you wax everytime, you are going to wipe all the paint off =oP
Old 09-13-2002, 05:05 AM

Default You should wax every 4-6 weeks, depending on the beading. When you wax, and then

the car gets dirty, and you wash it, say, a week later. When you hit the dirty car with water, it might not bead up and roll off because the car is dirty. You'll think your wax is gone. Then, you wash it, and when you rinse, all of a sudden you'll see the water bead up and roll off. This is because the layer of wax underneath the dirt is still intact, and doing it's job. Eventually you want to build up several layers, and that's also why you only clay bar or hd-cleanse twice a year.

Do like Sean says and buy a quick detailer. I have a bottle of Meguiars I use for occasional touch ups. I also have a traditional paste wax that I like called Blitz One Grand, which I use for "quickie" waxes since the particular type of Zymol I use takes longer to apply :-)
Old 09-13-2002, 05:24 AM
Elder Member

Default Use the Zymol field glaze between washes if car does not have

gritty dirt. Great product. Re-detailed car in about ten minutes.
Old 09-13-2002, 06:14 AM

Default ****Pinnacle's Crystal Mist is the only "quick detail" product to use****

I threw out my meguiars quick detailer a long time ago! Once you use the Crystal Mist, you'll never go back!!! PS. Dust the car surface first and only use after recent car wash!<ul><li><a href="http://www.pinnaclewax.com/crystalmist.html">http://www.pinnaclewax.com/crystalmist.html</a</li></ul>
Old 09-13-2002, 06:18 AM
Elder Member

Default I use that as well. By far the best of all the quick detailers I've used is Zymol Field Glaze. BUT

it's very expensive to use. So, I use the Crystal Mist most of the time as well ;-D Second best quick detailer.
Old 09-13-2002, 07:13 AM

Default Since I'd like to do this today - can I get any of these products at a local NAPA or some other shop

Or - do I have to send away for it?
Old 09-13-2002, 07:16 AM

Default Pep Boys is your best bet down here. They carry some Pinnacle, 3M, etc.

Otherwise, you might want to try calling some specialty stores that sell aftermarket wheels and such, they often carry some better detailing products.

The really good stuff is usually mail-order though.
Old 09-13-2002, 07:18 AM
Elder Member

Default Probably not. So, go get a Mequiars or some sort of quick deltailer...

They are okay to use. The key is to spray plenty on and with the first wipe of the towel, wipe gently to remove surface dirt..use a straight front-to-back swipe, never circular. I then take a totally clean towel and buff it. Keep turning both towels to use a clean surface on the towel.
Old 09-13-2002, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ^^^^ True.... True.....^^^^. Get yerself a California Duster, and >>

dust the car first. (This is assuming no rain inbetween, or dirt etc on the car). After fully dusting it off, use the Zymol field glaze or lesser "detailing spray".

Quick Reply: Ok so for my first wash and wax - did the 4 hour process. Would like to touch it up - what should I