AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   TT (Mk1) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk1-discussion-9/)
-   -   Okay...Who is the resident Paypal expert..? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk1-discussion-9/okay-who-resident-paypal-expert-1850539/)

KimTT 11-27-2002 06:43 AM

Okay...Who is the resident Paypal expert..?

Is it really as simple as this?

I provide my Paypal account(address)to the people wishing to order the calendar, forum members send their payment to the service (indicating shipping address) and THE END?

Thanks in advance.

GuilTTy 11-27-2002 06:45 AM

That's pretty much it. They'll get an e-mail w/ instructions.

VenTTed 11-27-2002 06:48 AM

Well, Ted (BigTT) should pipe in at some point...

as the TT-West CFO, he'll have a few more details. One thing that you need to know, is that on "some" transactions (I don't know which ones), there is a 2.9% handling fee that will be deducted from the amount of money paid to you.

Better check into that before setting prices, it can add up.

ZesTTee 11-27-2002 06:52 AM

Yep...pretty much. It's up to them to pay you. It actually works pretty well...

KimTT 11-27-2002 06:52 AM

Yes, I figured there might be some kinda fee...I'm off researching their site now..

AkRascal 11-27-2002 06:52 AM

Actually there are two ways that you might accomplish this:

1. You can request payment from each of us, but that, of course, will require that you do so on PayPal.. That requires you to do some 40- 50 pay requests.

2. You can simply post your email address (the one you use for PayPal) on the forum, let us know the amount we are to pay and then each of us can send the money. Seems that would be easier for you.

whodkne 11-27-2002 06:59 AM

Yes, you will have to signup, of course, if you haven't yet

to do anything with the payments recieved. Fees are only involved if you have a premier account, which will allow you to accept credit card payments. Just like with any credit card transaction someone has to pay fees. If you do not have a permier account, then you can only accept bank transfers and paypal transfers (from the sender's paypal balance), IIRC.

KimTT 11-27-2002 07:00 AM

Dick - Yes, I wasn't about to send an email out to everyone...That would be hellish!! Here is how I

think this is gonna work...

I'll post my paypal address..the amount folks need to send..with a deadline for ordering

Print out all the Paypal records (with addresses) input the paid requests into Shutterfly..when the deadline comes...HIT SEND!!!

Shutterfly handles all the shipping etc...

Only nuisance part is inputing all the orders..but that's not too bad...

Bob W. 11-27-2002 07:03 AM

the 2.9% fee only applies if....

...you set up a premier or business account. If you want to receive payments via CC, you need this type of account. This also removes the sending and withdrawal limits on the account.

ttdude 11-27-2002 07:04 AM

That's if the purchaser uses a credit card as the payment source