TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

OT: More internet singles stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2001, 08:23 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OT: More internet singles stuff...

Some of you know that I do the internet dating thing. Tonight I read the profile of a white lady looking for some hip-hop type black guys and felt compelled to respond for some reason. Sent her this message. Do you think I'll get a response?

First her profile:

*~*R U LooKin at ME??*~*

*~How ya duin??
Thanks fer stoppin by! Pretty much I keep it real.. I am attracted to "Chocolate to Caramel Bruthas" that are physically fit-clean cut, and Independent. I don't need drama in my life or a headache so I stay "single" so I can come and go as I please. I wouldn't mind a relationship if "he" was down to do whateva.

What I like to do hmm.. Usually out with the girls/homies from Stage One Comedy on Thursdays Downtown look at me promotin! Fridays are the chilin or cluBBin Days. Out on the Sat's or doing the house loungin atleast til one of my clic's decide its time for a function..Sunday's of Summer well but of course the Mission Beach Thang or just chill sometimes too.
**So if you like my vibe get back at me, and I'll be sure to *holla back, til then..
Take Care of U~*

And my response:

Yo, wassup honky mama?...

I be a lite-skin brothah, and I be one serious playah. I be givin' yo some of that stuff, bling bling. Yo, yo.

P.S. Yo! Wassup white girl?!!
Old 07-15-2001, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh, you WILL get a response. Did you send her a pic of you *flossin*?

On a serious note Brad, when you do go out, what is the etiquette of who pays? Is it a mutual thing, the person who places the ad or the person who responds? Curious..
Old 07-15-2001, 08:31 PM

I'm the guy, so I always pay. Not saying I like it, but that's the way of things.
Old 07-15-2001, 08:36 PM

Default I don't get it..

Do you really find nice women to go out with on the net? I'm not a "playa" .. I don't want to juggle a bunch of women.. I just need one.. but its hard for me to believe I can find at least one on the net.. (was that TT related?)
Old 07-15-2001, 08:43 PM

Default Re: I don't get it..

Frankly, it's tough. I can only speak from a guy's point-of-view, and I'm sure that the ladies have an entirely different perspective.

I'm mostly meeting flakes, and/or women with this fantasy that Prince Charming is going to ride up on a white horse, sweep them off their feet, give them a big ring and a big house in La Jolla after 6 months of dating, and finally impregnate them.

I'd love to meet someone for a one-on-one relationship, but because I'm very honest and don't have a ring on layaway, I'm not such serious material. Maybe I'd have better luck if I treated women like crap, had a lousy job, was a liar, and led them on. Not my style, so I'll keep looking.

Seriously, it is always interesting and entertaining, and I have met some geniunely nice ladies. So I think it's worth a shot, but don't get your hopes up.

P.S. I think there's a sale at Zales. That should help.
Old 07-15-2001, 08:44 PM

Hmm... if she puts out the ad, its like going for a test drive and having to pay for the gas.
Old 07-15-2001, 08:45 PM

Default LOL

Nice to know that IS the situation. I have found the same from my limited experience.

I am, however, the serious material and I would like to have something steady, but definitely nothing to be had on the net. I guess all the "peeps" my age are at the clubs.. not my scene at all.

I'll go check out zales.. maybe I'll put something on hold... but I hear that the Robbins bros got a great deal on a huge shippment from the world's largest diamond cutter.. so I don't know. =)
Old 07-15-2001, 08:48 PM

Default That's just the way it is, my brothah...

Equal rights, equal pay, and the dude pays for everything. I've dated women who made $250,000-$550,000 per year and it doesn't change. It's just the way of the World.
Old 07-15-2001, 08:52 PM

Default Sounds like something I know...

called prostitution.. except not such a sure thing... sort of like a Vegas Prostution Slot.. put your money in and you might win a jackpot.. or maybe just get a little aHEAD =)
Old 07-15-2001, 09:34 PM

Default ouu... sale at Zales???? My ears just perked up! ;-P

I'm ignoring the rest.....lalalalalalalala : )

Quick Reply: OT: More internet singles stuff...