TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Our TT was *keyed* while in dealer's service area - warning and suggestions (more)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Our TT was *keyed* while in dealer's service area - warning and suggestions (more)

This is the *second* paint damage done to TTNancy's TT in as many service visits.

After requesting politely that the car not be washed at the 25k service in early July, when we picked it up there were several deep scratches in the lower driver's door panel.

This current service visit - to repair those scratches and get a new sway bar as well as complete items not completed or mishandled at 25k service - today, when the car was due to be picked up we got a call from the dealer's out-sourced paint shop saying most of the passenger side had been keyed. (The dealer admits this was deliberate and occured while in their service bay or in the locked dealer yard. They are investigating. Yeah right!)

Do you think we have been the subject of mischief for requesting "no wash/no swirls" and subsequently for reporting this dealer to Audi for a totally botched 25k service visit in July?

What would you do or ask for if in our position?

Suggestions wanted, please!

(Of course, dealer is getting both paint damages repaired at no cost. Whoopteee. :-0)
Old 08-29-2001, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ask dealer if this has happened before... Switch Dealers?
Old 08-29-2001, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default was a mentally deficient sphincter

If there was another dealership within range I would switch over to it.

innocent until proven guilty but -my own guess would be that Potentially the 25k service report got to someone and that someone then took it out on whoever serviced the car, and that someone who serviced the car would be highly likely not to be to pleased, requesting no washes would seem to me a reason to be happy if you worked in the service department(and didnt enjoy washing fancy cars) and were mentally deficienct enough to desire to key a car.

My own personal opinion about people that do this is that they have a pretty miserable life and lash out at others... wether they can somehow construe it as justified just shows lack of thiking or just plain desire at wanting to be a sphincter. feel any better

my car was key'd while back, havent had time or the 250 deductible yet to take it in and have it fixed (hood and left fender) small line about 8 inches - if you zoom in on one of my picks you can probably see it. As my insurance lady said to me , its likely to happen again (at least where I live there is a higher rate of it then the mainland, she moved from there and was surprised buy the amount of key'd cars here).

hope things go good for you in the future.
Old 08-29-2001, 01:32 PM

Two dealers within 300 miles - one known for bad service and this one, previously excellent.
Old 08-29-2001, 01:59 PM

Re: My guess is someone got in trouble over your report to AoA and took revenge
Old 08-29-2001, 02:01 PM

Default 1) My sympathies, Brad 2) I'd request a face-to-face meeting with owner of the dealership...

outlining what has happened, and how many cars you have purchased from him, and that you plan to continue to buy Audi. Without getting too emotional, suggest that his people or his attitude about customers, as reflected by your experiences, is and will continue to cost him big bucks in lost sales and service.

If that doesn't ring a bell with him (or maybe her), then that dealership is on it's way out. We had such an experience buying the GTI & TT. They didn't care to help, so we went elsewhere. Within a year dealer sold out.

I would definitely take my business elsewhere as soon as this is settled. You might also continue to tell your local friends what has been happening to your cars at this dealership...just facts, not opinions as to why.

Good luck, BB.
Old 08-29-2001, 02:18 PM

Default That really sucks, Brad. I would

be an incredible ***** about the repair of this latest damage. The fact that it occurred under their watch makes it even worse, and even further erodes whatever little trust remains between you and the dealer.

I would go to the top, and write a letter (I always put things in writing) to the manager of the dealership and ask quite bluntly what (if anything) they are prepared to do for you, in addition to repairing the car flawlessly, to restore your confidence in the dealer. If they are at all concerned about keeping you a happy customer, they will do something. Oh, and I would send a copy to Audi USA too.
Old 08-29-2001, 03:37 PM

Default And TTNancy will be driving the JeTTa for few more days...

My office mate thought one of our kids had been hurt when Brad gave me the news over the phone! Am I overreacting??
Old 08-29-2001, 09:28 PM

Default Thanks to all for posting...I do intend to visit with the dealership manager. AoA regional is also

to contact me tomorrow to discuss. AoA is highly upset with this incident and wants to get to the bottom of it immediately.

I guess I'd better plate armor the car. lol

Actually, I'm gonna investigate getting a new one at cost, if I don't get killed on the trade. This car's gonna be polka dotted by the time it's finished.

Again, a sincere thanks to those who posted. Your advice is appreciated.

I'm amazed that with over 265 peeps at this point some of the forum's more "opinionated" voices didn't even bother to post. I guess one has to be in the "NE clique" to merit that. ;-)
Old 08-31-2001, 07:33 AM

Who's the dealer?

Quick Reply: Our TT was *keyed* while in dealer's service area - warning and suggestions (more)