TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

P0113 IAT - Check Engine Light Reappearing, Code never clearing, Part replaced

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0113 IAT - Check Engine Light Reappearing, Code never clearing, Part replaced

Hey guys,
I'm new here, hoping to maybe finally fix an issue I have had since I got my 01 TT 5spd a year ago.

A few weeks after I got it, the check engine light came on.
I did an OBD read and got a P0113 (P0113 IAT Sensor - Temp Low - Circuit High - G42 A)

I replaced the sensor, cleared the code... or so I thought.
A few weeks later it lit up again, did the read again, same code.
I have noticed now that even if I clear the check engine light and do the read without the light up, I still get a P0113.

I have basically been clearing it every time it comes on now, which seems to be more now (summer) then when it was cold. I would say it pops up 3 times a week, got my OBD reader living in my back seat.

Hope you guys can help, this forum looks like the place I should have been since day 1.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lTTna
Hey guys,
I'm new here, hoping to maybe finally fix an issue I have had since I got my 01 TT 5spd a year ago.

A few weeks after I got it, the check engine light came on.
I did an OBD read and got a P0113 (P0113 IAT Sensor - Temp Low - Circuit High - G42 A)

I replaced the sensor, cleared the code... or so I thought.
A few weeks later it lit up again, did the read again, same code.
I have noticed now that even if I clear the check engine light and do the read without the light up, I still get a P0113.

I have basically been clearing it every time it comes on now, which seems to be more now (summer) then when it was cold. I would say it pops up 3 times a week, got my OBD reader living in my back seat.

Hope you guys can help, this forum looks like the place I should have been since day 1.
Which sensor did you replace? The IAT is part of the MAF I believe.

Unfortunately generic OBDII readers only can generate generic codes.

If you want to troubleshoot further you really need a Vag.com. Is your outside air temp sensor working?
Old 06-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Best advice I ever got...never throw random parts at German sports cars. It could be the MAF acting up. I just went through months of check engine light, cleaning MAF, clearing P1128 code. Couldn't decide if it was 02 sensor or MAF but when ESP light popped on and stayed on I knew what part to order. I've had my 2001 roadster for 5 years, am female, NOT a mechanic and have saved $$$$ by doing research on-line and fixing what I can myself. Some other TT sites http://forums.quattroworld.com/tt/
http://www.audittcca.com/discussions/auditt
Old 06-05-2010, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by AudiMick
Which sensor did you replace? The IAT is part of the MAF I believe.

Unfortunately generic OBDII readers only can generate generic codes.

If you want to troubleshoot further you really need a Vag.com. Is your outside air temp sensor working?

The outside air temp sensor is what I replaced...
Going to look into the vag.com
Old 06-05-2010, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lTTna
The outside air temp sensor is what I replaced...
Going to look into the vag.com
So you replaced the G17 sensor behind the front bumper?

So is your outside air temperature reading accurate (within a couple of degrees or so)?

I think the TT turbo has a the IAT either in the MAF, or downstream from it.

Here's a pic.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/v...PB120570-1.jpg

I think they are about $30, but please verify it with Vag.com as it could just be a bad connection.

Good advice from WyKatt, having a VAG.com will save you a considerable sum if you intend to keep running your Hungarian sports coupe/ roadster.

Last edited by AudiMick; 06-05-2010 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Added additional sensor info G17
Old 06-06-2010, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by AudiMick
So you replaced the G17 sensor behind the front bumper?

So is your outside air temperature reading accurate (within a couple of degrees or so)?

I think the TT turbo has a the IAT either in the MAF, or downstream from it.

Here's a pic.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/v...PB120570-1.jpg

I think they are about $30, but please verify it with Vag.com as it could just be a bad connection.

Good advice from WyKatt, having a VAG.com will save you a considerable sum if you intend to keep running your Hungarian sports coupe/ roadster.
Yes, thats the sensor that was replaced.

Actually, now that you mention it my temperature is usually 8 to 10 degrees (C) than it really is outside...