TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Progressive Insurance reviews?

Old 10-21-2005, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Progressive Insurance reviews?

State Farm isn't sure they'll cover me on a track. While they research it, I called Progressive and they said they'd cover me as long as I wasn't racing, and they gave me a good quote.

Does anyone have anything informative to say about how Progressive handles claims?

FYI: USAA said they would not cover damage on a track.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:20 AM

Default I have had Progressive for a few years now...

I've had 2 claims, both of which were handled extremely well. Their customer service is definitely top notch.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:24 AM

Default Progressive has been good to me for several years...

I haven't had any issues, other than slow service.

Customer service is good, and it's available 24hours/day.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:26 AM

Default I've had very good dealings with progressive...

I've never caused any accidents but I've been hit twice (not the with the TT) both times they repaired my car with quotes written for genuine parts and glass. No hassles & Never increased my rates, my only complaint is I feel their premium may be a bit higher compared to others. (no tickets/violations) But their service has kept me a customer.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Progressive rocks....dealing with a HUGE claims right now...engine replacement...

they put me in a rental right away.
The adjusters communicate with me constantly when I request updates. You view the status of the claim on-line and even e-mail the adjuster directly from the site.

They are replacing everything with new parts.
My guess is because it is hard to find used parts for the TT.

I have been with State Farm as well. I think State Farm works faster on claims than they do honestly. Aside from that they are equal.

I prefer them over State Farm because everything can literally be done without much human interaction. Their site is excellent.

My car is still in the shop and the adjusters are very knowledgeable. They will fix anything that was related to the accident no matter what.

I struck an object that made huge hole in my oil pan. It resulted in $14,000 worth of damage. They are picking up the tab.

<A HREF="https://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/1346455.phtml">Pics of damage from hurricane Kattrina</A>
<A HREF="https://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/1352743.phtml">Update with estimate</a>

Don't know why they won't total the car. It has 69,000 miles on it and is a 2002.

At least they are taking care of it and they work with my service advisor at the dealership.
They have issued 3 supplements.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:09 AM

Default State Farm was too expensive - I've had Progressive for six years

I've had tickets and accidents and I'm still with them. My rates are low, even compared to Geico.

When I have had an accident, they have come to the scene to evaluate the damage. They are quick with payments and dealing with them through the bodyshop is easy. Customer service is friendly. The website allows you to do pretty much anything.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Don't Give up USAA for Progressive!!!

And it is no where close to being as good as USAA. I was hit by someone with Progressive (I wasn't in my TT at the time thankfully). They do not know how to write an accurate claim. My brother owns a body shop and he says that they are the worst to deal with. Usually have the worst estimates compared to all the other insurance carriers. I can't see how you could get a lower rate from them than from USAA. I looked at chaning at one point and no one could beat my rate with USAA. JMO.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Expert

USAA will not cover me during HPDE. No coverage, no dice.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Don't Give up USAA for Progressive!!!

I've got to say, I've been very happy with Progressive like most other posts I've read.

Switched from Erie Ins. a few years ago and have been much happier. Rates are much lower and service has been great. Haven't had to deal with their adjusters yet. *knock on wood*
Old 10-21-2005, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

USAA is the best!