TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Prospective TT owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-1999, 12:39 PM
zx80

Default Prospective TT owner

Hey,
I'm seriously thinking about buying a TT, a couple of questions for you guys who are "in the know". I thinking of getting a "demonstrator", i.e. has about 2000 miles on it. Loaded with all options other than phone, I believe.

1) The dealer is not willing to give at all on the MSRP. Given the market for TT's does this seem reasonable?

2) I couldn't find the FAQ, are there any real issues to be concerned with this US$33K car?

3) I was considering a 2.8 Quattro A4, how do they compare?

4)Is there a problem in buying from a dealer in a different town to where I live with regards to having the car serviced under the warranty?

Thanks for your patience!
zx80

Old 10-01-1999, 05:11 PM
Brad Willis

Default Re: Prospective TT owner

That's a tough decision, because your Id wants the TT badly. However, your Super Ego ought to tell you that those 2000 miles are probably very hard ones. I'd walk away from it and order a new TT that you know hasn't been thrashed. You might have a wait, but it should be worth it. Besides, the anticipation is a part of the fun.

I recommend that you call all dealers within a several hundred mile radius. Sometimes you get lucky and quickly find a TT that is unspoken for, or where a deal has fallen through. Below is a link to the Audi dealer locator, which will give you the phone number of Audi dealers within the radius of your choosing.<ul><li><a href="http://www.audiusa.com/happiness/locator.htm">Audi dealer locator...</a></li></ul>
Old 10-02-1999, 08:12 AM
mness

I'd steer clear of a demonstrator car, especially a performance car. It's definitely been driven too hard during the break-in period. And at MSRP? Why pay full price for a used car?
Old 10-02-1999, 08:59 AM
zx80

Yeah, I'm doubtful aabout the whole thing.
Plus I have to drive 85 miles just to check it out.
Although... shouldn't the warrantry cover any damage caused by the excessive usage?