TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Questions about paperwork, for those who've received their TT...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-1999, 04:58 AM
Joe

Default Questions about paperwork, for those who've received their TT...

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you could ramble a bit about the paperwork involved in picking up the car. This is actually my first brand new car, and to top that I'm registering it in a different state than where I'm buying it. I've been assuming that it will take a few days to get everything in order, and am planning to deal with the fact that the car will probably be sitting there during this process. Can anyone shed light on it? I'm going to harass my salesman later today....
Old 10-01-1999, 05:26 AM
Lonnie

Default Re: Questions about paperwork, for those who've received their TT...

You should not have any problems. I've bought several cars from dealers out of the state I live in. Your dealer should issue a temporary tag which could range from 48 hours to 30 days. If you are financing the car I would think a 30 tag would be issued. You are allowed to drive your car with this tag until you receive all the paperwork needed to title the car in your state. All states vary as to regulations. If you don't know what is required by your state, I would contact local DMV and ask.
Old 10-01-1999, 10:55 AM
STTeve R

Default Re: Questions about paperwork, for those who've received their TT...

I purchased my car in Illinois...10-day drive out sticker $10.
Registered here in NM and paid the sales tax (3%) + title and license here within the 10 days.

For the dealership and financing: had the dealer send the lender a copy of the purchase agreement, Maroni sticker (like the one on the window of the vehicle) and then went to the bank, signed the papers, got a cashiers check and flew up to Chicago. No problems whatsoever. Picked it up same afternoon and began trek home.

Good luck and enjoy!
STTeve