TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Reminder: SoCal TT Club Trabuco Canyon Run this Sat, Nov. 29th...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reminder: SoCal TT Club Trabuco Canyon Run this Sat, Nov. 29th...

I *hope* to take delivery of my 3.2 TTR this week, and whether I get it or not, it's time for another run!. I expect to have anywhere from 1-2 3.2s there for anyone who cares, but even if we don't, we'll still take a nice, short drive, have a fun time, and eat some good Mexican food and maybe even have a margarita while we're at it.

We'll start in the Irvine area, wind through twisty and scenic canyons, and end up at the Rose Canyon Cantina (formerly Senor Licos) in Trabuco Canyon. Once there, we will enjoy delicious Mexican food and margaritas. Yum! The new management tells me that the food and drinks are even better than before. We'll be the judges of that!

Some may remember that we've done this twice before, so we are now repeating it due to popular demand. If you have a family service radio, bring it. We will be operating on channel 7, code 7 (the two 7s kind of looks like TT).

We're going to meet Saturday, November 29th at 2:10-2:25 pm at the Ralphs supermarket lot, which is located at 2820 E. Chapman in Orange (714-289-4450). To get there, take whatever to the 55, and exit at Chapman. Ralphs is just east of the 55. If you're late and miss the group, just head out to the Rose Canyon Cantina, as directions are provided below.

The Rose Canyon Cantina is located at 20722 Rose Canyon Road in Trabuco Canyon. Their phone number is 949-766-6939. To get there follow the group or:

From the 55, take either Katella or Chapman East and they will run into Santiago Canyon. If you're coming from the north, you'll hit Katella first, from the south, you'll hit Chapman first.

Continue east on Santiago Canyon for quite some distance and go left at Cook's Corner.

Cook's Corner will wind around and you'll continue on it until you get to Rose Canyon Road, where you'll make a left.

The Rose Canyon Cantina will be located on the right side of the street.

Please e-mail me and let me know if you plan on attending and whether or not you will have a guest along. I would like to give them an accurate head count, out of fairness to the restaurant.

This was a lot of fun last time and should be the same this time as well. Again, please let me know asap if you are planning on attending and I'll look forward to seeing you there!
Old 11-25-2003, 05:28 PM

Default Here's who I'm expecting...

I'll continue to update this list as time marches forward.

01. Brad Willis aka EighTT (me)
02. Brad's guest Reyna
03. Glen aka VenTTed
04. Glen's pretty wife Kerry
05. Kerry's mother "mom", who is single
06. Steve aka TTigg
07. Steve's wife Sheryl
08. Kat aka Kat's TT
09. Carlos aka DTMeister
10. Nareg K
11. A.J. aka GoTT83
12. A.J.'s guest Lynnie
13. David Voliva
14. David's wife
15. BruinOne
16. Erich aka meehsilly aka veloctt
17. Erich's guest
18. Tom Mangan aka TP
19. Kim Mangan
20. TTlicus
21. Bill Chiu
22. Tina Lee (Bill's gf)
23. Steve Calmer aka FirsTTin SoCa
Old 11-25-2003, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Reminder: SoCal TT Club Trabuco Canyon Run this Sat, Nov. 29th...

So here's the question. I'm not officially a TT owner yet, but working on it. Be possible to meet you guys at some point and check out what you guys (and gals) got and just talk 'bout them? I'm incredibly excited about getting mine..it's just a waiting game right now...I'm in Hollywood.

--FR!
Old 11-25-2003, 06:10 PM

Default Come along - if you're a perspective TT owner to be

also check out both brad's SoCal TT site and our WCTT site

<a href="http://www.socalttclub.org/">SoCalTT</a>

<a href="http://www.westcoasttt.com">WestCoastTT</a>
Old 11-25-2003, 06:13 PM

Default I'll be there Brad

and if I manage to get a nice fiber cloth I might have some of the swirls and (dark car) scratches out also. Also, if all goes to plan my XM install will be finished (have to study my display plans) but this is my Bday evening / Thanksgiving morning project.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:13 PM

Default As Steve said...

You are more than welcome to come along. I prefer that non-TTs drive in the back of the group, but we'd love to have you along.

For headcount's sake, do you plan on attending, will you have a guest and what is your first name?

P.S. I think you'll enjoy the drive. It's low-key, but very nice.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:19 PM

Default Sounds good. Audi is trying very hard...

To get my 3.2 TTR to me either late Wed or some time Friday. I got 2 calls from Auburn Hills today, and 1 from the Regional Rep here in SoCal.

Hopefully, they can make it happen. If not, it'll be one last car wash for my 225!
Old 11-25-2003, 06:43 PM

Sounds very MeTTro!
Old 11-25-2003, 07:00 PM

Default i'll be there!

+1 guest. can't wait to try out my new suspension pieces &amp; big brakes from Steve!

erich - veloctt
Old 11-25-2003, 07:10 PM

See you then!

Quick Reply: Reminder: SoCal TT Club Trabuco Canyon Run this Sat, Nov. 29th...