TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Right sideview mirror blindspot

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-1999, 02:23 PM
DennyA

Default Right sideview mirror blindspot

When I test drove a TT I was concerned about the right rear blind spot. The right sideview mirror is not as convex as I would like it to be. Have any TT owners had this problem? My GF's mother has a 91 Plymouth Aclaim with a great side mirror. I'm wondering if anyone else has this concern, and if anyone has found a mirror that will provide better visibility.

Denny
Old 10-07-1999, 02:36 PM
Denny

Default From Brookstone (more)

On my last car, I bought these tiny stick on blind spot mirrors from Brookstone that you apply to both side view mirrors. They were heaven, could see everything. Am going to get two more this weekend. Will post the item number if they still have them. Good move on putting the "A" behind "Denny" -- we wouldn't want people to think you were driving around in short skirts! Den
Old 10-07-1999, 06:47 PM
DennyA

Default Re: From Brookstone (more)

I have one of those stick-on blind spot mirrors on my 528e. I'm looking for something that is the size of the entire mirror.
Old 10-07-1999, 07:01 PM
Brian

Default Re: Right sideview mirror blindspot

Just a guess, but perhaps you could source a relacement mirror from Europe. I rented a new Golf (Swiss delivery) last year in Europe and the right hand mirror had a decreasing radius in the vertical plane towards the outer edge. Image size was good through the central part of the mirror, towards the outer edge in was more compressed horizontally, but you could see cars that were along side you in the mirror! It worked well. I suspect the mirrors shipped here are dictated by US standards.
Old 10-07-1999, 10:46 PM
tp

Default Re: From Brookstone (more)

I have large (4" I think) convex mirrors on each of my side view mirrors on my Camaro. I love them. Once my TTQ225Roadster arrives in the spring, I'll put the mirrors on that as well. They're great at eliminating blind spots. Plus, they're great for making high speed lane changes without having to turn your head. Lastly, as I'm sure many of us back into parking spaces, they're great becaus you can look into them and see the lines on the ground and see your wheels as well. Any decent auto parts store carries them for a lot less money than Brookstone.
Old 10-08-1999, 07:01 AM
PeterK

Default Blind spot

LLtek has a split mirror glass in their catalog that angles the outer 1/4 surface of the mirror inward several degrees to provide visibility and eliminate the blind spot. I'm not sure if it available for the TT (yet), if it is offered in a stick-on which works with heated mirrors or replaces the glass, or if it is the non-glare blue tint as found on our TTs but sounds like a clean looking solution. Give them a call.

Their website is minimal but has their phone number<ul><li><a href="http://www.lltek.com">LLtek Motorsports</a></li></ul>