TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Scheduled an appointment to have the TTQ looked at...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-1999, 05:24 AM
Joe

Default Scheduled an appointment to have the TTQ looked at...

The dealership is apparently booked until January, but she "squeezed" me in for Tuesday the 21st. Is it true that the loaner car is only for scheduled service? She alleges that I'll have to rely on their shuttle for a ride back to work, since its an unscheduled stop.

I am having them look into the inconsistent turbo lag/poor fuel economy, the ocassionally malfunctioning seat heater switch, and the stereo whine....

I get the feeling that this will be as interesting as my sales experience...

I'd still like to meet up with some of you guys next week, if its possible. What about Wednesday night?
--Joe
Old 12-09-1999, 05:57 AM
y2ktturbo

Default I don't know if this is truly helpful, but that stinks!

You have a possible engine problem that could strand you! And they can't get you in until the week of Christmas, when they can't get parts as quickly anyway due to shippers having less hours?

Joe, this may have been covered before, but can you find another dealer? Waiting 12 days for scheduled maintenance is one thing (I waited 6 days so that a loaner was available, an A6) waiting an extra minute when you have a real problem is stupid. I am pissed off for you.

Anyways, good luck as always.

Ivan

Old 12-09-1999, 07:00 AM
Joe

Default Re: I don't know if this is truly helpful, but that stinks!

Thanks, Ivan.

Actually, pissed off would be me if they return the car, say that the turbo checked okay, they can't duplicate the seat heater switch malfunction, the stereo whine is "normal", and then bill me for non-warrantee shop time.

Okay, let me not be in a foul mood. The car is so pretty that when merging, other cars move over for me like the waters of the Red Sea. (I have noted a definite difference. Other Audi owners are particularly courteous to me). If I can't screech my way from 20 to 70 on short on-ramps, at least the other traffic is unusually willing to slow down for me...
Old 12-09-1999, 07:52 AM
Russ

Default Re: Scheduled an appointment to have the TTQ looked at...

I just took mine in for service. It had a whine when playing a CD with the rear window defroster on. They diagnosed a defroster switch with a bad ground and have ordered a replacement. I'll let you know if it fixes the problem or not. By the way, I had a good service experience (this was my 5K mile service)
Old 12-09-1999, 07:55 AM
Joe

Hi Russ, I noted your SNET email... CT? What dealership do you deal with? (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 09:54 AM
Kevin M

Default Joe send me an e-mail re Wednesday with your phone # I have a suggested location (nt)

nt
Old 12-09-1999, 10:02 AM
Denny

Can't make it 20-22...you guys have fun. (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 10:07 AM
Jenner

We can post-pone it for you Denny! (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 10:16 AM
Denny

Oh, don't do that, I'll catch you guys sooner or later. (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 10:48 AM
Joe

Are you sure? It'd be great to have you along... Would Tuesday or Thursday work better? (nt)

Quick Reply: Scheduled an appointment to have the TTQ looked at...