TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Seat heater button stuck

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2000, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat heater button stuck

Anyone have their seat heater button stick? Mine is clicked out, and I can't click it back in. - Malpasoman
Old 06-01-2000, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Seat heater button stuck

Does it go back in at all, then pop back out? Mine does that occasionally, I just give it a quick push and it catches.<p>Sean

2000 TTQ 180
Lake Silver/Ebony
Old 06-02-2000, 12:36 AM

Default Likewise, I'm getting them replaced tomorrow

Sometimes a sharp, quick push will let it catch and stay in.
Old 06-02-2000, 04:27 AM

Default Me too!!! (more)

........and I've been told I need to wait two weeks for the parts to arrive. I just hope I never need a spare part URGENTLY!

I've also got a problem with the horizontal strips in the air vents. Several of them keep popping out of position and I have been told one of the air vents needs replacing.

I think I've probably got THE "groan" (Turbo Bypass valve problem) too.

Got some other little problems too but I don't want to bore you all!

All in all, not a good start.........I've only had the car two weeks!

Just out of interest, has anyone here taken up Auid UK's 30 day exchange offer?
Old 06-02-2000, 04:34 AM

Default Yeah but.....

It's a superb car though.
30 exchange??? are you mental?????

What are your other niggles out of interest? I have some too but don't know whether to take them all up. I have squeaky windows which really hack me off.

I think my new heater button took a few weeks to come in, since they ordered it the original has been fine. May as well get it changed anyway.

Simon
Old 06-02-2000, 05:09 AM
Joe

Default Both of mine have been replaced twice

The first set were especially prone to that problem, especially in the cold weather (for whatever reason). The second set didn't always want to talk to the seat heater elements. Quite nervewracking when your switch is on high and you don't know if your seat is going to heat up.

Thus far, the latest set seems better -- although I had a chance to be a passenger in my own car this weekend. Has anyone noticed that the passenger seat gets A LOT hotter than the driver's seat? (even at the same setting)
Old 06-02-2000, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Yeah but.....

Sorry Simon, when I mentioned an exchange, I wasn't suggesting anything other than a TT. I just want a TT that works properly and without all the problems, however small.

As for some of the other problems, I need a new rubber seal on the passenger side rear window (It's all scuffed up - must have happened in transit). I also have a whine coming from the engine - probably the Turbo. In fact it may be part of the "Groan" problem?

I'm also getting a whistle from the air vents, even when I turn them off - very annoying!

I suppose I'm just annoyed with my dealer really. The car was in the pound for 4 weeks, while I sold my other car. Several of these problems, could have been spotted and repaired well before I took delivery.

They've just been very unprofessional right from the day I placed my order!.....but that's another story!

You'll have to excuse all my whinging........had a rough night last night!

Dazza.
Old 06-02-2000, 05:48 AM

Who's your dealer then?
Old 06-02-2000, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Who's your dealer then?

Martin's of Basinsgtoke.

The people are very nice and friendly, they're just useless!!

How about you Simon? Any problems with your dealer/ car?
Old 06-02-2000, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Seat heater button stuck

Oh ya. happened 1st day after delivery-passenger side. As car warmed up eventually reset in. Driver's side always worked fine. Dealer said they pressed button 50X and it always worked there. One block from dealer malfunctioned again-however, the seat always got heated as req'd. Now in warmer weather when not needed button works fine. At time of service back order on button parts was 6 months-never ordered it.
Barry<p>bwiseman

Quick Reply: Seat heater button stuck