TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

So I am picking up money for a narcotics informant tomorrow...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So I am picking up money for a narcotics informant tomorrow...

No, it's not me. As a former gangs and narcotics officer, I would freely admit it if it was.

This is for a person who saw narcotics activity occurring and anonymously called the "we tip" hotline. I guess that they give you dough if an arrest comes from the tip. Well, a minor arrest came from the tip, so the reporting party gets some cash.

It's interesting how they do it. They do not want to know anything about the informant, because if they do, then they might have to disclose it in court. Instead, they give the informant a number and that is the only way they identify that person from then on.

When the informant earns cash, the police send them to a bank and they pay out the reward in cash. No id is required, but you have to know the number that they give you. Kind of interesting, to me anyway.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it 8?
Old 05-01-2003, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: So I am picking up a check for a narcotics informant tomorrow...

So what do you do now?
Old 05-01-2003, 09:08 PM

Default Re: So I am picking up a check for a narcotics informant tomorrow...

I am a financial advisor. Been doing it for over 10 years. Way back when, I was in a fairly glamorous, high-profile unit known as S.E.D. (Special Enforcement Division).

We did everything from seizing buildings to videotaping, uniformed "special enforcement", undercover work, obtaining and enforcing search and arrest warrants, public relations, etc. We did not respond to radio calls unless it was a call for cover from another officer. The media referred to us as "the best of the best".

Very intense stuff. High stress, high adrenaline every night of the work week. I had also worked under temporary "special assignment" with the Vice Unit and CIU (Criminal Intelligence Unit) and did some pretty interesting stuff in my short time there, mainly relating some things I can't really talk about.

At certain times, it appeared as if was just another uniformed officer at whatever scene, when I was actually working for CIU for the sole purpose of obtaining some very specific intelligence. Even the other officers at the scene did not know of my assignment.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Interesting . . . .

I work on the other end of things. I direct a county drug treatment program. Our work is probably a little less stressful.

And when it comes to investments, we did what a lot of others did. We joined the boom right before things went bust. Now my wife is so jaded that we will probably miss any big gains when the market picks up again.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:59 PM

Default You are absolutely correct in your analysis...

It's encouraging that you can see this. If you ever have any questions, just shoot me an e-mail. I have seen clients and others reacting emotionally for years. It's frustrating that I usually can't do a thing about it.

We have seen a nice rally lately and much of the public has missed it, as they were so "jaded" that they sold at or near the bottom. Sadly, they will be back in again, but at much higher prices. Locking in losses and being out of the market at the wrong time can be an absolute killer.