TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

So...a thread below got me thinking. I have not talked to my dad in

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 06:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So...a thread below got me thinking. I have not talked to my dad in

hhmmm, I dunno..like 8 yrs or so, he was always the type to pop out of nowhere and get ahold of me somehow. Well, it has been a while and I really dont think about it that much because quite honestly, I have got this far in life without him so why add another thing to think about.

Anyway, a thread below got me thinking and wondering what he might be up to, so I went to a website www.locateamerica.com and looked up his name, now they have a listing that matches his name and last known location (Key West Fla area) but knowing him, this could be outdated info and really net me nothing. It also costs like $7.95 which at this point I am not even sure he is worth.

Anyway, I looked at some of the free sites like the one in the link but none of them came up with a listing.

Any suggestions? Think I should spring for it and risk getting one of many locations, or just say *F* him and let it go....<ul><li><a href="http://www.locateamerica.com">Locate America</a></li></ul>
Old 03-11-2003, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Family is family...sometimes people acted the way they acted cause they didn't know

what to say or how to say it. It sounds like he's still part of you, and there some unresolved issues. I'd say go for it. You're in a much better place in your life, so if any "issues" were to come up, you're stable enough to be able to handle it.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:14 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Locate him & talk to him. Because when he dies, you will miss

him, even though you aren't close to him. Remember, you only have 1 Dad
Old 03-11-2003, 06:17 AM

Default yeah...but you really cant miss what you dont know and my step-dad

has been there since I was 10 years old, although we have never had a *real* connections in the dad / son kinda way, he has always been really good to me and took care of me.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:19 AM

Default I certainly got all my tinkering traits from him as my step dad

is a totally different person. My step dad is the reason I have a good life and know how to function in society, the sperm donor only gave me some automotive interests
Old 03-11-2003, 06:23 AM

Default try and see what locations you can come up with and try and get in touch with him

just my honest opinion but i think that you would feel worse not doing anything at all. like i said, even if you dont get the desired results, its still better then never knowing at all, then wishing you had 5 more years down the road.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ya know, from your words, there's some hurt..."the sperm bank"...whether or not you accept him as

a father, you need to work it out yourself. It helps to confront your father, but it's not necessary. Settle it within yourself. Those deep hurts just seeps into your daily living - your interactions with others, how you hold yourself...and you may not know it. I feel it's a big life issue that you need to take care of before you and Kristy begin your own family.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:30 AM

Default lol...yeah, well there is some resentment, as for Kristie and I

and our family, he does not even know I am have been with her for 10 years and I am married, with a house..good job etc..

Come to think of it, I guess it has been longer than 8 yrs since he has never met Kristie.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:30 AM
Elder Member

Default <best darth vader voice> I AM YOUR FATHER, LUKE!

I hate to say this, but I agree with all the above (Yes - even Paul - accckkk!). Get in touch with him. What do you have to lose? Just don't build up a lot of hope or invest any emotion in it or anything. Remember what Charles Schultz said: " I love humanity, its people I can't stand." If it turns out he's a dud, at least you'll be able to make an informed decision to not exert any future efforts in that arena. And if it turns out he's a real ***, you can ash that bridge without any regrets - remember my email of yesterday? :-p
Old 03-11-2003, 06:35 AM

Default If you were my father, I would know much less about whirly things and much more

about how to order a decent bottle of wine, or be able to string a bunch of words together that have no real meaning but look like I know what the hell I am talking about. =-p

Quick Reply: So...a thread below got me thinking. I have not talked to my dad in