TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

sonofa... Did a suspension install today, aside from not having a 7mm

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sonofa... Did a suspension install today, aside from not having a 7mm

hex wrench, things were going well. Until I got to the pass. side front strut. Once the strut was out of the car, I had the 21mm deep socket and 7mm hex wrench tool working, same exact thing that got it loose on the drivers side. But this side was torqued beyond tight. Bottom line, I stripped the inside of the hex socket in the strut. Obviously I don't need any parts except the four bits at the top, the rubber piece, the bearing, and the plate the spring rests on. I'm hoping I can buy those first thing in the morning. Anybody know if these are a shared part with any vw's? There's a dub dealer just up the street... Anyway, I'll be there first thing in the morning, then hopefully finishing up soon after. The fronts are kind of a bitch, the rears are pretty simple. A couple write up's were really helpful, Bipes and FasTTr were the main sources i used. Maybe tomorrow I'll post the major differences between the Koni's I used and the more common seeming Bil's.

Cheers. And if you know about part sharing with a vw, let me know