TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Stasis A3 review update: This is some b%^&$#%^ ! >>>

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 06:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stasis A3 review update: This is some b%^&$#%^ ! >>>

<b>How the heck am I supposed to get the claimed 30 mpg in a commuter car that is so exciting and fun to drive? HOW?</b>

Love the room combined with the sporty nature of the car. Four doors. Four adults. Lunch? No problem. Added weight takes away some of the stright line fun.

Big props to the Stasis upgrades in both power and braking. The power delivery is both smooth and available in any mode or gear. I totally forget there is a sport mode because with just additional pressure on the go pedal, the power is on tap.

Those upgraded fuel injectors and pump ensures that the car is never lean. The program by GIAC has been dialed in to ensure that it doesn't run too rich either. A full week no wash and none of that rear bumper black soot problem with ill fated programs running rich to ensure gas delivery regardless. One down side to that pump and those injectors though. I haven't seen a gas needle move like this since my 75 Impala (when your all on it trying to see if that speedometer is indeed a tach needle).

The only two issues with such power in a FWD car is obviously the traction. With traction control on, the car will fight to dig in (even with the sticky rubber at all corners). Number two is the poor Audi seats that can't hold you in place during some high speed corner manuvers.

Steering is a little on the soft side, but from what I have found that can be dialed out via VAG-COM. Turn in is good, not as great as the Mini but there is an additional 500 - 600lbs being thrown around and Stasis has done an excellent job dialing out a lot of the understeer (hint remains but rear does rotate nicely).

So first tank of gas has come and almost gone. Most of that with large grin on face.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What suspension upgrade did they do? Tracksports?
Old 11-04-2008, 06:58 AM

Default Re: What suspension upgrade did they do? Tracksports?

Hadn't poked my head under the rear carriage yet, but they upgraded the rear sway.

As for the corners, it's a rebranded Koni coilover setup. Which is cool since I ran a koni setup on my TT.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Rest In Peace

cool....
Old 11-04-2008, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Nice!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to hear Ed.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hey Ed!

That was the one complaint I had about the A3 when I had mine. The electric power steering felt too disconnected. Do some searching on the A3 forum on how to change the feel with the VAG-COM. I don't believe it is changeable on all model years, though.

Other than that, I loved the car, and mine was the non-Stasis. Do you have the open-sky on yours? I loved that.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Glad your back with the 4 Rings!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ok so they did do Tracksports with the rear bar - their spring rate is higher than the reg Koni's

and the rear bar i'm sure helps. I'd soften the fronts up a tad for more rear rotation and front end grip :-)
Old 11-04-2008, 08:56 PM

Naw, it didn't come with the open sky : (

Quick Reply: Stasis A3 review update: This is some b%^&$#%^ ! >>>