TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

The sun is shining, the temperature is in the 70's and I HAVE MY TT BACK!!!!! Champion Motors ....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The sun is shining, the temperature is in the 70's and I HAVE MY TT BACK!!!!! Champion Motors ....

got the job done.
The passenger door has a pair of new hinges and it is now dead silent. No clunking on acceleration and braking.

It took a very long time to diagnose and fix, but in the end they got the job done and all the while I was perfectly comfortable in a new loaner A4. It's nice to report an overall *good* service experience when the dealer merits it.
YMMV
Old 11-22-2002, 05:43 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super. Glad it turned out right for you, Ray!
Old 11-22-2002, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

thx Den 8^D
Old 11-22-2002, 06:10 AM

Default Glad to hear it, especially after my last "experience" at Champion. BTW, I hate to ask

again, but what's the name of the commercially available cables and interconnects you were telling me about, that a friend of yours makes? Damn if you haven't told me already 2-3 times, I guess my brain just refuses to process that bit of data. TIA.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:12 AM
Elder Member

yeay!! glad it's over (shoulda been over long time ago!) and most importantly, IT'S FIXED !!!
Old 11-22-2002, 06:25 AM
Rest In Peace

Glad to hear you got back. I should have mine today also after 1 week
Old 11-22-2002, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Glad to hear it, especially after my last "experience" at Champion. BTW, I hate to ask

Well, I know the guy, and he has been a contributor to SFAS in the past, but I don't know if I would categorize him as a "friend" :-)

anyway......
The Company is DHL Labs.
His name is Darren Hovespian.
They were in West Palm, but I think I recently heard that he had moved the business to Jupiter
......the town not the planet :-O
They specialize in high quality and high value cables made from silver coated ofc copper that is jacketed in a teflon dielectric.

Another place to check out that is reasonably priced but makes *very* high quality pure silver cables run in a parallel configuration and double insulated in a vaccum sealed teflon dielectric, is Purenote. The guy I deal with there is Tom Swenson. Pure Note is webbased only. My entire system with minor exceptions is decked out with Pure Note cables and the results on my past electrostatics has been sensational!

Both DH Labs and Pure Note have dot-coms :-)
Old 11-22-2002, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

A week? What was happening with yours Peter?
Old 11-22-2002, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yup, every time I think about it I just shake my head...

in my profession I do quite a bit of process re-engineering and implement work simplification techniques. I see inane and inefficient processes like this the time. People just need to take a step back once in a while and see the full picture and realize that they are not only wasting time and wasting energy, but also driving their costs way up!
Ah well, it's not my problem. The car is fixed :-)
Old 11-22-2002, 07:29 AM

Default well, it's foggy as hell, 45 degrees and I just got mine back too!

You never really realize how much fun your TT is until you drive a Mercury Sable (rental) for a while. Sure love my TT!!

Quick Reply: The sun is shining, the temperature is in the 70's and I HAVE MY TT BACK!!!!! Champion Motors ....