TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Tranny & Other Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-1999, 10:18 AM
Jack Hanoka

Default Tranny & Other Issues

As I said in an earlier post the local Audi Rep indicated Audi understands the Transmission issues, you can choose to believe that or not, I for one do. It also appears that everyone that has had a problem is getting a new transmission very quickly from Audi no fuss made on their part. Now everyone on this forum seems to be calling for Audi to wake up, address the issue etc. Well in fact that is what they are doing by replacing the transmissions as issues occur. They are not dragging their feet about it, as a matter of fact it seems to get fixed very quickly. It would be tremendously imprudent for Audi to have everyone come in and put a new transmission in their car whether or not a problem exists. They currently have no way to tell which trannies will fail and which won't. So their course of action to fix them expeditiously as a problem occurs is correct. Either wat you would have to bring your car in for a replacement, and why do that if a problem never appears? If we continue to bash them and the TT car we can only insure devalued cars and a angry car company. I have owned Audi's exclusesively for more than 20 years, and they are by far and away the most generous car company(good will repairs, parts,etc.) that there is!! See how quick other companies were willing to admit and assume responsibility for exploding gas tanks etc!!! I have my issues with my car also, but I am sure they will be fixed and I will do business with Audi for 20 more years. <br>Jack
Old 08-10-1999, 10:40 AM
Concerned

Default Re: Tranny & Other Issues

Everything you've said is great, however, if the general public's perception is that the car has inherent problems, all the good faith in the world won't help sell the car. De we have another DeLorean?
Old 08-10-1999, 10:46 AM
STTeve R

I think only the hood is made of aluminum on the TT whereas the body of the DeLorean was stainless steel? Could you use a brillo pad on the DeLorean? <br>Just trying to put some humor on this board since there's been so much negativity.
Old 08-10-1999, 10:50 AM
mne

Default "Brillo" didnt do much... too fine... ScotchBrite worked great tho!! -mne (nt)

me too guys... little levity
Old 08-10-1999, 10:50 AM
Jim Torongo

Default I agree with Jack Hanoka NT

nt
Old 08-10-1999, 11:54 AM
Bullshit

I work for a manufacturing company in Silicon Valley. You better believe that if we have a problem with the product we build, we can back-track and find all affected units via a serial number. Audi should pull their products records and find the affected trannies through lot numbers and serial numbers and do a voluntary recall on those units. I think those of you that continue to say it's just because it's a new release automobile should wake up..Aren't you embarrassed when you tell your friends and co-workers that your $35,000 car is having problems. I would be.....<p>
Old 08-10-1999, 11:58 AM
tks

What's your Vin # and what specific propblems are you having with your TT?
Old 08-10-1999, 12:27 PM
I THINK YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING

Default What do you do in Silly Con Valley and whats your name-

NT
Old 08-10-1999, 12:35 PM
Yes, especially when I knew of the problems before

(nt)
Old 08-10-1999, 01:16 PM
Rob

Jack,<p>I agree completely. If you have been watching the Boxter situation over the past year with blown engines, you will notice that Audi is following the same strategy, which is to fix as quickly as possible while trying to understand the underlying fault. I have no doubt that Audi will stand behind everything they sell and do, and have had nothing but praise for the work they've done for me in the past.

Quick Reply: Tranny & Other Issues