TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT problem, help....( pre delivery fix up ?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2000, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT problem, help....( pre delivery fix up ?)

I got my TTC 180 2 months ago
When I got it I noticed :
1) a dent on the left side of the motor-"hood" , just above the left wheel, where the hood "curves"
2)Turbulense sound from left side, comming from a default in the isolationrubber and not good fitting of the door.
4) small scratch in the driver window centrally

5) this is what I really wonder about :

When I washed the car the spong floated smoothly/easily over the but when I came to the rear left panel just above and in front of the left rear wheel there was an abrubt increase of friction and the sponge moved more difficult over this part oft the car.
Ther is also a slight loss of shine here , which can only be seen if you look really carefully in a particular angle...

I have consulted with several people, there is no obvious sign of earlier dammage, post fix up etc.

But the problem (door, dent, window, loss of shine..) makes me wonder if there have maybe been an accident that was fixed before delivery ?

How can I find out if there have been an accident at the factory plant ? (dealer dont know how)

Can the lossof shine and the door problem and dent all be coincidense ?

The dent and the isolation rubber is going to be fixed in short time by dealer, the loss og shine on the rear left panel is not noticable only if you look really good, I have know had the car treated "paint protect" by proffesional....

What should I do , I live in scandinavia....<p>________________________________ _______________

(oO.-(==oooo==)-.Oo)
Old 06-05-2000, 01:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dent etc should be fixed by dealer....

I is not uncommon (unfortunately) to have small/minor scratches when car is delivered...usually happens at port/transport. Dent...probably same scenario. The area of 'loss of shine' occurred on both of our 225TTs...rubs out. Use a 'body scrub' type product (such as Meguiar's Clear Coat Body Scrub or similiar Zymol - Zaino product) rub-buff-rub-buff until shine is established (it will work) then wax with your favorite wax (I use Zymol lots of others use Zaino and some Meguiar's)
Let me know how it comes out.<p>2001 Amulet Red 225TTQC
AMULETT
Old 06-05-2000, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ask your dealer how he's fixing your dent. The hood of the TT is aluminum...

I would not want anything but aluminum on the hood or the car will never be the same. If they cover it up with bondo the blend in the paint you will notice the difference.

Definitely get a brand new hood!!!
Good Luck