TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

On the TT225 UK Spec........

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-1999, 11:36 AM
Charlie (UK)

Default On the TT225 UK Spec........

Can you disable any of the computer assisted handling controls?

What tyres to they supply you with from the factory and are they any good?

and.......

do you really have to put Super unleaded in - will normal unleaded decrease perfomance?

charlie
Old 10-05-1999, 12:34 PM
Victor F

Default Re: On the TT225 UK Spec........

I have had Michellins on my 225. Other UK people have had Pirelli.
Super Unleaded is recommended in the manual however you can use Premium Unleaded with a slight degradation in performance. I found myself in this situation at the weekend as Super Unleaded is not as widely available north of London. I didn't notice any major performance difference or engine noise. Motorway stations are a good bet if you are really stuck.

Sorry don't know about disabling computer control, not that I'd want to anyway.
Old 10-05-1999, 02:18 PM
Andy W

Default Re: On the TT225 UK Spec........

I have Pirelli Piles on mine, and wish had Michellins (I'd prefer Yokos). I too have been putting Super in, and as Victor has already mentioned, have not noticed any performace degredation.

I guess your from your other question your nervous about the 4WD, which is pretty much how I feel after owning front wheel drive cars for the last 10 years.

You can sense the car is adjusting the drive all the time, but I must admit to now, I'm not at balance or interacting with car. I'm hoping this will change when I understand whats happening when I throw it into a wet corner.
I'm trying to find out whether there are any quattro track days, so I can be shown how to use it properely.

Andy.
Old 10-06-1999, 12:28 AM
Victor F

Default Quattro days

I rang up Audi from the number on their UK their web-site and they do Quattro days however there are no further sessions this year and they hadn't finalised dates for next year though I did leave my name for a brochure when it's available.
I wonder what they are like?
Old 10-06-1999, 06:32 AM
Marius B

Default Re: «when I understand what's happening....»

The car is meant to be driven without special techiques or secret tricks, I'm sure. After 3 months of pushing the 225 pretty hard I can't say I «sense the car adjusting» anything at all, it just goes the way I point it. If I back off it tightens the curve (careful there!), if I push hard it drifts wide in a neutral fashion. There's simply no wizardry involved.