AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   TT (Mk1) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk1-discussion-9/)
-   -   TTales From The Damp Side, part III... (opinions wanted - see text) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk1-discussion-9/ttales-damp-side-part-iii-opinions-wanted-see-text-1780746/)

TTinGables 10-12-2000 04:59 PM

TTales From The Damp Side, part III... (opinions wanted - see text)

Things begin to accelerate. After getting the call that my car was being declared totaled, I had to haul ass to the dealer to get out what I could. Five days sitting in the sun left the car quite aromatic. Mold patches were beginning to form on the leather. Removed various ingredients.

Tonight, the total-loss insurance adjuster calls from State Farm, Terry, very nice. She asks me mileage and sales price. I couldn't find the Monroney, or any paperwork (we're redoing 2 closets, **** everywhere). I give her my dealers number. Ten min. later, he calls, telling me that the agent called him, and he told her my car was $39,300, telling me he exaggerated a bit on my behalf. State Farm deducts .316 per mile as depreciation (incidentally, the girl from State Farm said she could not get a used car average for the TT because none exists yet!).

I only had 3,500 miles on the car, so 3,500 X .316 = $1,106. In State Farm's estimation, my 225 QC which I took delivery of in May, in 6 months had depreciated by little over $1k. Not too shabby! In reality, my car was $38,500, so if they go with his figure today, I should come out even better than before.

Now, I need advice. In addition to the modded silver 225 coupe w/black ebony interior, my dealer can get me, within a week's time, a brilliant black 225 QC with light gray interior, or a denim blue 225 QC with black interior. Your aesthetic opinions are greatly desired.

The silver coupe can be returned to it's stock state except for suspension mods (wheel/tire combo is 18" three piece exotic set-up costing about $4500, so I'm passing on that one). The other two cars would be bone-stock.

TTom TTR 10-12-2000 05:01 PM

Denim Blue is awful pretty, I'd have one if they were that color in a Roadster.

Wennch 10-12-2000 05:04 PM

Denim/black is my vote. If I'd gotten a coupe, it would have been Blue.

Wennch 10-12-2000 05:04 PM

Great minds think a like!

OTOF 10-12-2000 05:06 PM

No help. Like them all. Well, silver....

ttquattro4 10-12-2000 05:09 PM

all nice ; many silver, blk nice when clean-my vote -blue-good luck

CarTTman 10-12-2000 05:11 PM

Just a thought, but can you get the dealer to effectively warranty the susp. for you?

TTom TTR 10-12-2000 05:14 PM

After the refresh I clicked on the message making sure sig still worked and saw different car....

...then realized it was yer message 8-)

Bahookie 10-12-2000 05:15 PM

Very biased opinion - Brilliant Black is the Bee's Knees !!

....aka the 'Dog's Bollocks' :-) I've had my BB 225QC for 2 weeks, it is drop-dead gorgeous (told you I was biased). Completely stock, no mods planned for a while - improving on perfection is not an easy task. I'd be happy to show it off, I'm just up the road from you in Melbourne Beach (well, only about 180 miles!). Wanna meet halfway this weekend?

TTinGables 10-12-2000 05:16 PM

It's on my list of questions when I go up to look at the car.