TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Turbo Flutter and slight delay-After New Stock Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 10:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smoke testing is very easy and should yield good results but make sure you do it in an are where you have little wind if possible so you can easily see and trace the smoke.. Does it sound anything like this?
Old 07-16-2017, 10:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes!!! Exactly!

So let me make sure I ordered the correct one, to make sure we are talking the same thing. I purchased 06A 145 710P. That's the diverter valve correct or is it another part#?

Carol

Last edited by carolhern; 07-16-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by carolhern
Yes!!! Exactly!

So sounds like a bad diverter valve then....I would swap back to the old valve if you have it still and see if it still does it. Also smoke test the system just to rule out leaks.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes!!! Exactly!

So let me make sure I ordered the correct one, to make sure we are talking the same thing. I purchased 06A 145 710P. That's the diverter valve correct or is it another part#?

Carol
Yep thats a typical Bosch valve (OR OEM AUDI Branded). They have a very fragile diaphragm in them which is prone to flutter when they go bad. Try an experiment...... Take the valve out and flip it around and see if it still makes the same noise...Possibly installed backwards which can cause light flutter also.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

It made the sound with the old valve. That's why I bought the new one. After everything was changed, it didn't make the sound for maybe a week, maybe two weeks, then the flutter came back.

Damn...I just missed my 30day warranty on that part. I'll go to the dealership at lunch time tomorrow and buy a new one. Is it hard to change? I might have to pay someone to change it again.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It made the sound with the old valve. That's why I bought the new one. After everything was changed, it didn't make the sound for maybe a week, maybe two weeks, then the flutter came back.

Damn...I just missed my 30day warranty on that part. I'll go to the dealership at lunch time tomorrow and buy a new one. Is it hard to change? I might have to pay someone to change it again.
So not hard to change at all.... this is a video for the Forge Dump Valve but it shows how to pull the stock valve out.. and install is reverse of it.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome! I will attempt this next weekend to do it for sure now! I guess I'll check first to see if it was accidentally placed on backwards. It is possible, because though it does still flutter...it doesn't do it as loud as it did before changing this valve.

Do you think there is also still a vacuum leak since the car does seem to run almost perfect when its really hot outside?
Old 07-16-2017, 10:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Awesome! I will attempt this next weekend to do it for sure now! I guess I'll check first to see if it was accidentally placed on backwards. It is possible, because though it does still flutter...it doesn't do it as loud as it did before changing this valve.

Do you think there is also still a vacuum leak since the car does seem to run almost perfect when its really hot outside?

It is possible it may have a vacuum leak still.. I would test just to be sure. How does the car run in the cold mornings or evening?
Old 07-16-2017, 10:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You can always do something like this and never have an issue with it again except for a clean and grease every 30-40K or so.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-forge-pa...black/fmdv008/
Old 07-16-2017, 11:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

In the mornings it starts normally fine. But I don't know exactly how to explain it...hmmm...how do I say it....when I take off in the mornings, going to 1st to 2nd...it can seem like its rev'd really high...and I have to change gears, and there is no ummmph behind it. Does that makes sense? But once I've driven it for a good 15 minutes, at time it gets better and I can jam fast and get up to a higher speed at a lower gear..no problem without it feeling so rev'd and forced.

Unfortunately the tach isn't working so I can't really see what's going on rpm wise. I guess I could hook up a scanner and try to look at the monitor for sec to at least try to capture the rpm at that moment.

Quick Reply: Turbo Flutter and slight delay-After New Stock Turbo