TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Turbo Flutter and slight delay-After New Stock Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 04:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carolhern
The diverter valve came in the mail yesterday from ECS Tuning. I ordered the second one suggested.

I changed it this morning (took less than 10 min to do) and NO FLUTTER!!! FINALLY!

Thank you so much for all your help. Also to the rest who replied.

Carol

awesome. Glad it's fixed
Old 08-11-2017, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by carolhern
The diverter valve came in the mail yesterday from ECS Tuning. I ordered the second one suggested.

I changed it this morning (took less than 10 min to do) and NO FLUTTER!!! FINALLY!

Thank you so much for all your help. Also to the rest who replied.

Carol
Happy to hear this. That is a nice looking valve. Looks so much like the OEM 710n valve so it is good for those wishing or needing to maintain a stock appearing engine bay. Another tried and true valve that does not honk or flutter on chipped cars is the AWE DV1. It requires no maintenance and I have never known of one to fail. Unfortunately they are not pretty.
AWE Tuning DV1 Diverter Valve | AWE Tuning
Old 08-18-2017, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Darn.

After amazing driving for about a week, today the car rev'd up a bit more, feels a bit rougher and requires me to change gears sooner because it gets so loud and rev'd up. The tachometer is still broken, so I don't know what the actually RPMs are, but it does seem like its running a high rpms again. *SIGH* The saga continues. I don't know how much more money I'm willing to throw at it before giving up. No CEL. *SIGH*
Old 08-20-2017, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Took it to the shop. They can't find anything wrong with the car. I wonder why the RPMs are too high, but no leaks, or anything are found.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Something is wrong again. I can hear it spooling..but it never boosts. I just revs and i have to change gears. It no longer has that feeling when it boosts and you feel that power then gliding feeling as you drive.

So any more suggestions or is it time to take it to the stealership?

C
Old 08-21-2017, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

So, as I was driving home. I wondered if I tried putting back the old diverter valve, would the car then boost even though that valve fluttered. The old valve still boost, but fluttered everytime I took my foot off the gas pedal.

Well, when I got home, my Dad said "sorry, but I destroyed it". He said he destroyed the housing to see if indeed the diaphragm was ruptured, and he said it wasn't!

Now I am wondering if it was fluttering because it wasn't getting enough air in to actuate it correctly. And so I wonder if now it is not boosting because it could be that the new DV is stuck or something, because not enough air is actuating it correctly. I am now wondering if I could possible be a MAF issue?

It's possible right?
Old 08-23-2017, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I guess I have to go to square one and do the intake test suggested earlier by J. Patterson.

I tried cleaning the MAF yesterday. This morning there was no difference...I have no boost.

I disconnected the MAF while the car was running. No difference. Felt about the same...didn't get better and definitely no boost. And I got a bit of flutter again, even on the new really cool, metal diverter valve.

Last edited by carolhern; 08-23-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

One more question. Does anyone know if a bad pressure control valve cause a loss of boost? I saw it when I was messing with the MAF and I don't recall purchasing and changing that valve. Is there a test to determine if it is bad?
Old 08-24-2017, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Dropped it off at the Audi dealer this morning for their $190 diagnostics. Should hear something tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Was told it was probably the MAF.

I changed it with one from the local store. I might have to go pick up an Audi one. The boost came back sort of, I don't always boost in 1st or 2nd anymore.

Quick Reply: Turbo Flutter and slight delay-After New Stock Turbo