TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Wasn't hardly any interest/discussion on Zilla's Nov. SCC USCC intro, but...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wasn't hardly any interest/discussion on Zilla's Nov. SCC USCC intro, but...

the December issue is out with the write up of the results if anyone is curious. As I stated before we finished 4th overall, not too bad, would have at least finished 3rd and made the by-line on cover, had fat-guy been able to get into the car (got 0 points in that area. lol). I think in reality a #2 finish should have been fairly assured if we had not had a bad moment or two.

Performance has been improved since then which was the car's first outing, wheels changed and some updates and minor mods since which have made for a better car. Others can judge for themselves where in the order of TT land and High Performance cars goTTzilla is, but at least in my mind, and by the numbers on record, it is in the upper echelon.

My apologies <smirk> to the very fast/capable Porsche 996 Twin Turbo driver that reportedly got oWnED bAd recently by an un-named driver in what.... a freekin Audi TT!!??

There are two more dates for the beast (so keep your eyes peeled for those if you want) and then it will be shipped back home with quite a storied history followed by a couple of magazine appearances yet to be printed. I look forward to having him back here as a dream come to fruition, and finally the opportunity to drive my mighty goTTzilla.

Thanks to those who have been supportive and so helpful along the way.

My attention now goes to a little 11.5 acre parcel of woodland and wetland that is a project for my family.

Best wishes all :-)

It has been an advenTTure of a lifetime.

lobsTTer
Old 10-21-2005, 09:26 AM

Default So, we will see you at the next TT-Midwest...

with goTTzilla on a leash? ;-)
Old 10-21-2005, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You have way more patience than I would!

I'm actually most looking forward to your impressions when you've had the car back for a few days and start to get to know how it handles.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:54 AM

Default Hope to start making it to gtgs...meet some

of you :-)!
Old 10-22-2005, 07:07 AM

Default It definitely has been a strain at times...

but now it is pretty clear the Zilla will definitely be coming home sometime next month. I should still have enough time to drive it and be able to post my "impressions" before bad weather.

So two more events, one static, one not and then reaquaintance time!!!! I opted to do these last two, and for once lol, I get something out of them, lol.

Just seemed everything led up to this and I gave the green light when selected for one and invited to participate in the other.

In the meantime it allowed a bit of time to do some "things".
Old 10-24-2005, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Do you have an end point in mind or will you keep doing 'things'?

I'm hoping the latter :-)