TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Wax on...Wax off... The Best car "wax"

Old 05-24-1999, 09:13 PM
Rik

Default Wax on...Wax off... The Best car "wax"

My friends who own a Corvette and a Viper swear that this stuff is the absolute best... Check out this website...http://www.zainobros.com/ .... I will be testing it this weekend.<p>What do you recommend? <br>Rik
Old 05-25-1999, 02:33 AM
Peter Ryckaert

Default Zymol...nt

nt
Old 05-25-1999, 05:45 AM
Mike Owens

Default Re: Zaino is the Best!!!

Your friend is telling you right - I was introduced to Zaino thru the Viper Club when I owned my '96 GTS. It's absolutely the BEST!!! I use it exclusively on my yellow Prowler, my red NSX and will most certainly use it on my new Denim Blue TT. In addition, Sal Zaino (the owner of the company) will talk with you personally on the phone to give you pointers - when was the last time a wax company did that?
Old 05-25-1999, 06:41 AM
jolie

Default McGuires #26 ???? Who has waxed a Silver TT?

I have heard a lot about streaking and hazing.<br>I plan on using McGuires unless some knows better<p>This website has a lot of helpful tips and carries<br>Zymol & McGuires. I do not recall having problems or poor results in the past.<p>http://autosupermart.com/bindex.htm<ul><li><a href="http://autosupermart.com/bindex.htm">WAX TIPS</a></li></ul>
Old 05-25-1999, 08:05 AM
dan

Default Re: Wax on...Wax off... The Best car "wax"

I would like to reccommend "Liquid Glass" I have tested other waxes and this one last the longest on my Silver A4. This wax is great on lighter color cars
Old 05-25-1999, 11:12 AM
Peter Ryckaert

Default Who has waxed a Silver TT? I have...read on...

Zymol Creme. Use HD-Cleanse prior. Works great. Can't beat it if you can afford it. -Pete
Old 05-25-1999, 06:44 PM
Warren Wang

Default Good stuff, if you have a pristene finish

Zaino is good IF you have a nice new car. Problem is that it doesn't cover up minor scratches nearly as well as real wax though. I used it until my A4 got enough hairline scratches to where I was better off with real wax. Oh, and don't bother with the non-filler version of Zaino. It will cloud when you try to take it off. Skip their quick detailer spray as well. If you get this, just get their "filler" version and the pre-polish. It's about the same as Finish First, which I actually prefer, if I'm using a pure synthetic.<p>my 2 cents,<br>Warren ****
Old 05-25-1999, 08:24 PM
Rik

Default Re: Good stuff, if you have a pristene finish

Thanks Warren for your remarks, very glad to hear you analysis!<br>Rik
Old 05-25-1999, 08:29 PM
Rik

Default Re: Who has waxed a Silver TT? Not me BUT>>>

Pete,<br>I plan on doing my silver on Saturday with The Zaino as mentioned by Warren above, Reports to follow.<br>Rik
Old 05-25-1999, 08:59 PM
Rik

Default Dumb Question for Warren & Jason

OK Dumb question BUT I don't know!<br>The Silver Paint Is this a Clearcoated treatment<p>I also have a Black New beetle Are they clearcoated?<br>Rik

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wax on...Wax off... The Best car "wax"