AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   TT (Mk1) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk1-discussion-9/)
-   -   weird clips on TT fuel pump system!! (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk1-discussion-9/weird-clips-tt-fuel-pump-system-2832003/)

Faldekan 08-19-2012 03:42 AM

weird clips on TT fuel pump system!!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

I'm trying to replace the fuel pump on my TT after it epically failed on me recently. I bought a refurbished one online, but the fool who sold it to me cut the fuel lines between the top and bottom halves, presumably to make it easier to remove.

I now need to remove the cut lines and replace them with the lines from the old pump, but there are weird clips on the new and old pumps, nothing like a jibilee clip, and I cant work out how to remove them without destroying the clip itself. The clips have a kind of mushroom shaped part to them, and google is no help to me! I've attached a pic to explain better...

Hope someone can help, I'm tired of driving my wife's renault scenic!! :-)

Tom.

AudiMick 08-19-2012 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Faldekan (Post 24337264)
Hi All,

I'm trying to replace the fuel pump on my TT after it epically failed on me recently. I bought a refurbished one online, but the fool who sold it to me cut the fuel lines between the top and bottom halves, presumably to make it easier to remove.

I now need to remove the cut lines and replace them with the lines from the old pump, but there are weird clips on the new and old pumps, nothing like a jibilee clip, and I cant work out how to remove them without destroying the clip itself. The clips have a kind of mushroom shaped part to them, and google is no help to me! I've attached a pic to explain better...

Hope someone can help, I'm tired of driving my wife's renault scenic!! :-)

Tom.

Those are one-time use clips. You will have to cut them off, use a dremel and cutting wheel.

Faldekan 08-19-2012 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by AudiMick (Post 24337333)
Those are one-time use clips. You will have to cut them off, use a dremel and cutting wheel.

Aah, great thankyou, they didnt look very reusable. Are these sorts of fuel hoses normally removable/reusable? They look pretty inflexible to me, and it looks like I might need to replace the hoses instead of using those from the original pump.

Redneck Truck 09-30-2012 11:37 PM

If these have any gasoline residue, I would not use a dremel with a cutoff wheel to cut them off unless you're looking for a small explosion. A flathead screwdriver pries the crimp apart to loosen the clamp slightly, and then the same flathead pops the end of the clamp up over the tabs that secure it.

Just out of curiosity, why did your fuel pump fail? Are you 100% sure it's not your camshaft or crankshaft position sensors? If either of those loses signal, your ECU will not power the fuel pump relay.