TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Well...all day at KMD....no luck>>

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well...all day at KMD....no luck>>

Not getting boost.....now <=10psi.
No codes. He pressure tested hoses....no leaks.
Took out wastegate....took out turbo....all ok.
Put stuff together and got boost...but still soft lower rpm performance. So, after 71/2 hours I drive home sure that the car is NOT right. Slow to build boost is no fun. Then on GSPkwy.....no boost again....9 psi.
I took a day off....spent it sitting at KMD paging through mags....and car still not right.
Not what I wanted when modded last Nov. Absolutely not. I know now that the car really has rarely worked correctly. The "squeeze throttle gently" crap (some here even have a throttle stop)that I thought was normal? Nope.....bad fuel delivery. New pumps....hammer the throttle at 2,000 and she picks up and goes! Another time, racing 350Z's thinking I'm at full power only to find carbon causing knock. Several tanks of techron later and ok Etc...etc...etc. Just too much..
All minor stuff....but how many days off from work does a 49yr old man want to donate to his little audi?
I had a weekend when the car absolutely flew.......about 2 months ago. That has become the benchmark and no other time has come close in performing at that level.
I'll be at the KMD picnic taking offers for this car. Those who still believe a 1.8T can make reliable big HP (I mean reliable...)are welcome to make an offer. Clueless as to its worth.....$30K?...less? I'll be sure to educate myself on that between now and Sunday
Old 10-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Rest In Peace

Default Gotta tell ya dude>>>

somebody owes ya an explaination...where is Mr Dahlback on this? Seems to me, it is his package, he should be able to help ya...IMO.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Danny's guy worked all day. I was charged $zero$>>

Thing is........KMD is stepping up to the plate. No complaints there.
Naturally I'll bring it to Tim's attention when I see him Sunday. Perhaps it'll get sorted out....probably "something stupid". But, when is the next time going to come??
Personally, I no longer feel that these motors can accept 32psi and be reliable. At KMD I drove a guy's chipped S4....awesome!!! power at 1,800 biulding to 4,500. Very satisfying and at only ~20psi max boost. Bigger motor. I'd kill him when working properly and fully unleashed.......but then, when will that be?
Old 10-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that man. i can certainly understand the frustration
Old 10-21-2005, 03:52 PM

tks.....never intended on donating so much of my time and emotional fallout to this car
Old 10-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Rest In Peace

Default Never questioned Danny.....>>

he is straight up guy..and he has to know you are not happy...

You are probably right that it is something simple...but the key word with "beasts" is ALWAYS reliability...the right thing will be done, and sorted out.

I was talking to my tuner about the TT...when the time comes (and the KO4 dies) we will do something...but it will not be a heavy boosted car. It will be big flow...and a little over 1 bar of boost..that is it...

Good luck peter!
Old 10-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, i know exactly how that is.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:58 PM

tks Hans...yea..guess there is that sweet spot between the K04 and this turbo setup
Old 10-21-2005, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Well...all day at KMD....no luck>>

have they checked the maf, map and manifold temp sensors to make sure they're functioning ok?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:01 PM

I already swapped out the MAf twice (keep spares)...not sure if they did the other tests

Quick Reply: Well...all day at KMD....no luck>>