TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

What cars have the same haldex?

Old 03-11-2019, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 180QC and my mechanic told me he couldn't find a Haldex control module in the US and I'll have to wait a month to get the part from England. Where could I search for one? I'll start at car-parts.com
Old 03-11-2019, 07:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TTurner
I have a 2000 180QC and my mechanic told me he couldn't find a Haldex control module in the US and I'll have to wait a month to get the part from England. Where could I search for one? I'll start at car-parts.com
I'm sure he's probably referring to a brand new one which will end up costing you close to or over $1000. I'd really try and avoid that unless you are dead set on it.

You can find many listings for used controllers on car-part.com. You're looking for "Computer Box Not Engine" and then looking for "Transfer Case, (rear carrier mounted)" on the next screen. They can vary *very* widely in condition and mileage so make sure you know what you're buying. Sometimes breakers will simply cut them off the car - make sure the connector on the end is intact.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by actualfactual
I'm sure he's probably referring to a brand new one which will end up costing you close to or over $1000. I'd really try and avoid that unless you are dead set on it.

You can find many listings for used controllers on car-part.com. You're looking for "Computer Box Not Engine" and then looking for "Transfer Case, (rear carrier mounted)" on the next screen. They can vary *very* widely in condition and mileage so make sure you know what you're buying. Sometimes breakers will simply cut them off the car - make sure the connector on the end is intact.
Thanks! I'll try that source. The one he said he found in England is actually a remanufactured model, so not brand new, although it was still over $1,000!