TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

What a weekend! I sold my old stereo to a friend, then ended up having to install it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 08:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What a weekend! I sold my old stereo to a friend, then ended up having to install it!

The guy who was supposed to install it initially... turned out to know nothing! The guy had a Camaro before, and works at his family's auto body shop, but had no clue how to disassemble a Firebird. We did the front and rear speakers, installed a headunit, and an amp. This would sound easy, but not when you can only work in the late afternoon/evening so its cool out. Also installed some red LED's in the vents, and in the CD holder below the new Headunit adapter. I will take pics and post them, it looks amazing. The doors were the hardest to get off, and then the only thing that took so long was that I was the ONLY one who knew what they were doing. With two of us the install took about 10 hours give or take. And, the other guy wanted to reuse the factory wires, I rewired the whole car with monstercable. So 1 headunit, 1 amp, and a changer, and front and rear speakers. Can't believe it took so long. Was so much easier when I used to work on my old Durango. Definitely NOT doing the TT myself... except maybe building the box/amp rack.