TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

What would YOU do in this situation - 14 y.o. daughter steals wifey's car latenight .....

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What would YOU do in this situation - 14 y.o. daughter steals wifey's car latenight .....

Thats right, my little girl.

My daughter (not sure how many times but at least a few) basically went into the wifey's purse and stole money and the keys to the car, and then took my 12 y.o. daughter with her and drove to Dunkin Doughnuts - lol - Although it is kinda funny, this is very serious and the outcome could have been devistating.

So what would you do?

For now, the beginning punishment (we think) is going to be no T.V. or computer for at least a month, and no going anywhere special, as well as double chores.

Again I ask the TT people - WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

P.S. Thank god she doesnt know how to drive stick shift! (Or at least not that I know of)
Old 08-15-2006, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What we would do doesn't matter. It's what you are doing that matters. Be consistent.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:04 PM

Default Better keep track of your miles, Adam!

I think the punishment will make her think about what she did and she wont want to do it again. Maybe to make SURE of things... tell her you're keeping track of miles and if it happens again she wont be able to get her permit on her 16th b-day.

BTW, Monday is still looking good.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:06 PM

Default If nothing else works >>

Maybe threaten her with having to wait an extra year before she is allowed to get her license.

And it is kinda funny, but only because no one was hurt. Get the point across to her that what she did was very serious and could've resulted in a lot worse than being in trouble with just her parents!
Old 08-15-2006, 01:10 PM

Default well, my parents would have beat the crap out of me...

and rightfully so
Old 08-15-2006, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Tylor!
Old 08-15-2006, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default my bro in Denver... daughter about the same age "borrowed"

Mom's new Jaguar, and had a single car, multiple roll over accident. The car was a total loss. She was traumatized but otherwise unhurt.
My personal feeling, you need to go way tougher on this. Deferal of driving priveledge, child gets a car when they've earned the money to buy one, etc...
Some kids don't survive their childhood, and this is behavior that radically increases the odds in the wrong direction. No corporal punishment, but make a strong example out of this. You could save another child's life, in addition to your own daughters'...
Old 08-15-2006, 01:26 PM

Default mine too. Wuup her azz! Then take her cell phone, computer, and all that...

jazz away! That's scary.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Severe beating. Seriously. There should be tears. I don't understand the current fetish with

"taking away" stuff that we never even had as kids.

How is this punishment?

Again, seriously. She risked her own life and that of her sister, not to mention any additional bystanders. There should be physical pain to stimulate the brain stem and reinforce the muscle memory.

These are not rational adults that understand cause and effect. You might as well "reason" with your dog.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Amen, brother. I like your style. My dad would have beat the shi7 outta me for that.

Not as in fist to face, but belt to *** repeatedly! Spanking has, unfortunately, become a lost art. And to think, people wonder why kids today have no respect... they aren't getting spanked anymore!

Quick Reply: What would YOU do in this situation - 14 y.o. daughter steals wifey's car latenight .....