TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

While waiting for My car....

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default While waiting for My car....

While waiting 2 hrs for the Dealer to replace my tires ( was using regular TT tires )with the ALMS originals, 2 ladies asked to test drive AUTOMATIC TT's. The Sales guys said to me that they are gettin' more and more Requests for that.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:25 PM

Default sTTop the insanity!

Quickly before it spreads...
Old 08-10-2002, 09:32 PM

Default Re: sTTop the insanity!

too bad the TT is becoming a car for the masses...Catch 22 though. if they don't sell, they discontinue it, if they sell alot, it's not a novelty car anymore.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That really sucks!
Old 08-10-2002, 09:55 PM

Default We'll see...

how that marketing strategy works out. I have made 2 long trips recently, one to Miami, the other to Myrtle Beach. I saw only 3 on the way to/from both locations. 5 while in the Miami area and only 1 in Myrtle Beach. I RARELY see one when driving around home, so TT's don't seem to be very popular now.

Will "the masses" buy a relatively expensive car, that may not be in vogue any longer and certainly can be outperformed in some categories by a number of less costly and more trendy alternatives available? My gut feeling is that Audi will be surprised that the sales won't be what they are anticipating.

Secretly I hope there is NOT a marked increase in sales of THAT kind of TT. The writing apparently is on the wall, a new larger TT is on the way. Audi is trying to milk the cash cow with a minumum of expenditure in the "old" TT, then doing a bait and switch to the Super Size iTT version and yet another group of buyers different than the original owners.

Either way I'll be happy with a small "old" style with a do-it-yourself shift-thing-a-ma-jiggie, and a couple of neato dealies that few others cept list peepers have.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:58 PM
Elder Member

Default They are all over Long Island. I see 2-3 every day going to/from work

My town of almost 40,000 have well over a dozen.
Old 08-10-2002, 10:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lol.. it does suck.. but what are you going to do?

I mean, what was the real reason you bought the car? I could care less about how many people drive it.. dammit, I got a silver TT and Im fine with it.. seeing a bunch of freaking women driving an automatic will be discusting but man.. I can't think about it.. Don't mind seeing them, just knowing there are automatic TTs hurts me.. My sister said our mother should get an auto TT when they come out I thought I was going to beat her..
Old 08-10-2002, 10:12 PM

Default I see 2-3 Amish Buggies every day going to/from work...

but they are still manual trannies...it is going to be Hell when those things are automatics. I'm depressed now.

Guess they'll really be a TT and a Mennonite driver at every street corner very soon. :-) LOL!

Bummer.
Old 08-10-2002, 10:28 PM
Wiz
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Well, Miami area is kind of flooded with TTs

Hell, I even have at least 3 in my condo's garage: yours truly, a 2002 white 225 coupe (replaced the silver 180 coupe, same parking spot) and 180 moro coupe. There are at least two more black coupes in my block. A guy in my office with 2001 225 black TTRQ and all the so. fla mod squadders Not to count the anonymous guys I pass on my way to the office (at least 1 a day). And, of course, Leo with his Avus ALMS and new tires
Old 08-11-2002, 04:57 AM

Default Bought a TT for my wife for her 30th b-day.

She would never learn to drive a manual. It only took two weeks of me taking the TT out for fun and she was so ready to learn. She drove a junker manual a few time and I made her drive the TT. It was over after that. I have never seen anyone take to a manual so quick and she does very well for the few miles she has driven. We have 10K on the car and most of that is ME!!!

Quick Reply: While waiting for My car....