TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Who has the cloth seats w/rubber nurbs and how do you like them? (nt)

Old 12-12-1999, 06:37 AM
DaveB

Who has the cloth seats w/rubber nurbs and how do you like them? (nt)
Old 12-12-1999, 02:40 PM
Royce Howland

Default Re: Who has the cloth seats w/rubber nurbs ...

Don't have a TT yet, but have driven a 180FWD with all leather, and a 180Q with the leather/cloth combo. The rubber bits don't feel all that rubbery to the touch, which is good or you'd stick to them like eye-***** stick to the outside of the car. :~)

The leather was less slippery than I expected; the seats molded reasonably well to provide support. (I'm 5'11", 190lbs.) The heated seat option keeps the leather warm in cold weather, if that's a concern. It worked well for my test drives. As for the leather/cloth, that approach might be cooler and breathe better in hot weather and/or for long trips.

I'm going to do some more... um... research. Yeah, research, before I decide.

Royce
Old 12-12-1999, 02:44 PM
Graham

Default no nurbs on my cloth/leather

I dunno if you guys in the US get a different cloth/leather combo, but down under - and elswehere from what I have seen - the cloth in the cloth leather combination is Alcantara. Alcantara is a synthetic suede, and in the case of the TT comes with holes in it, not nurbs.

Interested to see if the US combo is the same or in fact totally different.

Graham 225q
Old 12-12-1999, 02:49 PM
DaveB

We don't seem to get the Alcantara option here..Just leather or cloth w/nubbs and leather
Old 12-12-1999, 02:51 PM
DaveB

How did the cloth w/nubbs seats look??
Old 12-12-1999, 03:33 PM
Royce Howland

Default Re: How did the cloth w/nubbs seats look??

They do look a bit odd, I thought, with the clusters of rubberized nubbs (clumps of 4 bits each) running across the main seating surface area. This was with the black/grey interior. Black/black might be less visibly textured, I haven't seen that combo.

Wear & tear would be another question mark. Leather should wear well and evenly over a long time period. I don't know how the cloth & rubber bits will wear. Despite the need for more, er, research, I'm probably leaning toward the all leather option if for no other reason than not mixing upholstery with different wear & ageing characteristics.

Royce
Old 12-12-1999, 04:00 PM
Jack Wentworth

Default Re: How did the cloth w/nubbs seats look??(Pic)

<ul><li><a href="http://131.107.68.28/a4org/interior_side1.jpg">Grey cloth interior</a></li></ul>
Old 12-12-1999, 06:13 PM
HeavyT

Default Re: Who has the cloth seats w/rubber nurbs and how do you like them? (nt). Pic of one (nt)

file://localhost/Network/Home%20Pitures/Leather%2FCloth%2FRubber
Old 12-12-1999, 06:15 PM
HeavyT

Default Re: Who has the cloth seats w/rubber nurbs and how do you like them? (nt). Pic of one (nt)2nd try

file://localhost/Network/Home%20Pitures/Leather%2FCloth%2FRubber
Old 12-12-1999, 06:18 PM
HeavyT

Default Re: Who has the cloth seats w/rubber nurbs and how do you like them? (nt) Front seat (nt)

file:///Network/Home%20Pitures/JPEG%20image%20480x360%20pixels

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has the cloth seats w/rubber nurbs and how do you like them? (nt)