TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Why does ABC have to cover the Jets/Raiders game on Sat? :(

Old 01-07-2002, 08:16 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does ABC have to cover the Jets/Raiders game on Sat? :(

Maybe that idiot Dennis Miller will get into an accident and break his neck or leg or something that will prevent him from getting to the game.

He is the sole reason I don't watch MNF anymore. It is just not enjoyable listening to an idiot talk about something he knows nothing about. Damn!

I will have to turn the radio on and watch the game . . . I hate doing that.
Old 01-07-2002, 08:33 PM

Default Idiot's talking about somethin they know nothing against, huh....

Sounds very familiar.....didn't you just read me an email regarding something like that?
Old 01-07-2002, 08:36 PM
Elder Member

lol yeah I guess I did. But Dennis Miller is still worse.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've been a HUGE football fan for many years and I have to say

that I like Miller being on MNF. This is no dig at Larry at all - just some thoughts on the whole MNF/Miller thing....

I know that 'real' fans are not supposed to think Miller is good for the game...it seems that there is a little divide between those who consider themselves 'real' fans of the game and those who just want to be entertained. I think I am in between the two camps. I love the game (played it for 11 years) but I also want the viewing experience to be fun. Miller is good for that. Cheerleaders on the other hand...why do we need them?? I guess it is part of the same idea - keeping people (in this case men) watching while there is no action on the field. If you think Cheerleaders have a place in the game (I do not) then there can be little argument about Miller doing color on MNF. Not organized thoughts here...I'd be happy to get into a debate on this though since Football is now my number 2 obsession - no prizes for guessing my number 1

:-)
Old 01-08-2002, 09:05 AM
Elder Member

Default Ok, let me clarify this a bit . . .

I am also a huge football fan, but that aside. I didn't like Frank Gifford inane comments anymore than I like the stupidity of Dennis Millers comments. The only person that Dennis Miller is entertaining is himself.

Never found his "stand-up" funny, never will. Thought he was an over bearing bore on SNL and find him to be exactly the same on MNF. The only thing Frank Gifford had going for him was he played the game and understoon it. Dennis Miller does not even understand the game of football.

The booth would be so much better and the telecasts so much more enjoyable with a 2 person booth for Saturdays game.

As for cheerleaders they are there from peewee on through college. The Cowboys added them and everyone followed suit. They are there for a "team spirit" thing and also for the guys to watch, moreso in the pro game than in the lower levels of the sport.
Old 01-08-2002, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I understand your position...

Miller, like most comedians, is either liked or disliked. Few people are without opinion on this :-)

I also disliked Gifford but the top guy in the booth on my 'plug-your-ears-here-he-goes-again' list has to be Paul Mcguire!!! Without any question.

So, you're a Jets fan huh? Being a Raiders fan I guess we will not both be happy by Monday. Good luck - I know the Faiders could use some ;-)
Old 01-08-2002, 01:55 PM
Elder Member

Default I agree . . .

Paul is also very annoying.

I agree with you on taste when it comes to a comedian, and I happen to enjoy most, Miller just has always rubber me the wrong way with his pompous attitude and holier than though attitude. I could scream I dislike him so much!

Once I told my Dad today who was annoucing the game he said we will be listening to the radio on saturday.

Have you heard what time the game is supposed to start? I have heard anywhere from 1pm EST to 8pm EST. Supposedly it has something to do with the Eagles and Flyers working out some parking logistics in Philly.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

game starts at 4EST as far as I know...should be a good one ;-)