TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Would I enjoy a TT?

Old 11-24-2003, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would I enjoy a TT?

I've been lurking for a few weeks now and just love this forum members. Very cool place to get information.

I could use some advice. I used to own a '99 A6 2.8. It was a beautiful car and I loved it. However the seats were so hard I could barely stand it. In fact, I turned it in early because it was killing my butt and hips. Maybe the cloth seats were partly to blame, but I don't think so.

I am a fan of car design and feel the TT is iconic. Truly amazing. I'm looking for a car like this one that I can drive for 10 or 12 hours and not be in pain. I'm looking to return to Audi but am hesitant.

At a recent car show I had a chance to sit in the 3.2 DSG. Fantastic car, but the seats weren't the best. The lack of seat adjustments has me even more concerned. I'm reluctant to put in recaro seats because I want the side airbags, but maybe that is a sacrifice I will have to make.

What do you think?
Old 11-24-2003, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think there are Audi specific recaros with side airbags...

No, not the power seats in the new S4. I think they had them in the RS4, not sure.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default you could remove the front seats and insert a loveseat

but..hmmm....how many adjustments do you need? i think there are plenty of options in the TT.

in fact, the TT's factory seats are actually made by Recaro...and they are very good i think..My father specializes in "seat criticism based upon back support" and he found the TT's seats to be one of the best seats he ever sat in.

maybe you just gotsta play around with the seats some more.

or maybe you can have surgery to have your back molded to the shape of the TT's seats.

I in fact have had surgery to make me LOOK like an Audi TT. I have installed a 4 ring logo in place of my mouth. I have debadged (de-eyebrowed) as well.

cheers
-everso
Old 11-24-2003, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest you replace your blowoff valve.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Would I enjoy a TT?

what kind of rims are on that black TT?
Old 11-24-2003, 11:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I drove the TT cross country twice, each time with driving for...

More than 10 to 12 hours, at times, even 15, and found the seats very good. but I think weight/height has to do with it. I think you would enjoy it.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:25 PM

Default seats can definitely be...

hard. I will be honest and tell you they are not the most comfortable ever. But indeed, I have driven in them for long periods at a time and have not complained. They feel really smooth and leather is nice on your body. The butt warmers are working really good this winter. They will toast you!

If seats are your number one priority, then this car is not for you. Go buy a WRX. Those seats are nice!

But if you want an "iconic" car, then buy the TT. I rate these seats as 8.5

Oh yeah, if you are tall, over six feet, like me, you might feel that the seats are not long enough to cover your whole thigh. Not a big deal really, but just thought you might like to know.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I found them to be much better than my A4

gone from Boston to Washington basically non-stop (for fuel for the car) and didn't have a butt ache!
Old 11-25-2003, 03:41 AM

Default I hear he came from the factory with a

short shifter, stock :-P
Old 11-25-2003, 03:42 AM

Default Never had problems with my A4 seats, but IMO

The TT seats are pretty similar -- sans lumbar.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would I enjoy a TT?