TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Yesterday I got to spend the day driving at Gingerman. Wow! I love it.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yesterday I got to spend the day driving at Gingerman. Wow! I love it.

I had a blast. Continental Audi sponsored a day at Gingerman and it was incredible. I've had fun playing on the back roads, and I've read books, and played GT3, but I have never had the opportunity to try things out on a track. I didn't stop grinning all day. Scott Ahlgrim was my instructor for the day; he was very helpful and encouraging. At lunch, we went for a spin in his car, and I got to see it more "correctly".

I did get to do some "agricultural" driving, but recovered properly and all was well. During the end of day "race" (limited passing zone, handicapped start), I got to witness the guy in front of me demonstrate how not to recover from the grass. He preformed a fabulous spin after pulling back onto the track. Oops.

I'm hooked, and highly recommend it to everyone to try. Now, where can find on old RX-7 ....

Also, last week I noticed my brakes pulsing a little and figured it was a warped rotor. Well, after the track yesterday, it's squeaking a bit. Where can I get some slotted rotors?
Old 08-29-2001, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I second that...

Gingerman was unbelievable. I too am addicted now. I'm signed up for the Audi Quattro event, Sept. 8, at Chicagoland Motor Speedway too. I definitely need to get my brakes done before I go to the Quattro Challenge!