TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

You CAN replace the 'Door Open' micro-switch in the door latch.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay thanks! I ordered another one from the same website but different seller, who had free 5-15 day shipping. Pictures look pretty much the same. I guess I will know when I get it, whenever that is Right now the tracking number shows that the package has gone from one Sorting center to the next and on and on. I guess I'm just anxious to get the damn car to stop locking me inside and blaring the alarm if I activate the motion sensor.

Will post a link to the product if it works.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

excellent, good luck
Old 08-31-2015, 10:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Still ok after 6 months

FYI the fix I did 6 months ago (using the Chinese sourced switch) still seems to be fine. No problems at all. To be honest, either the switch was a damned good copy (down to exact colour of the plastic) or it is the OEM part. Wouldn't surprise me if the switch is sourced from China. If it holds up for another 13 years (age of the car) that will do me.
Hope you fix goes well. It was a little worrying waiting for it to arrive.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Update for anyone who cares

So this is what happened.

I first ordered these but they never came. The package was sent back to the seller for whatsoever reason. Thanks to the tracking number at least I could see that the origin city and city where the package was delivered was the same. So I started a dispute on Aliexpress.

As the dispute was in progress, I ordered the newer design from http://www.ebay.com/itm/Door-latch-lock-machine-micro-switch-for-VW-AUDI-SETA-SKODA/151785339235?_trksid=p2046732.c100040.m2060&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107095009%26meid%3Da394aeba37384f10ae45123e89926d08%26pid%3D100040%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D311437190606 (no longer being sold at the time of writing this post). I got it in a week, but man it looked more complicated than what I was confident to pull off. I'm still an amateur at all this.

By that time I got my money back from the 1st Aliexpress order. As I tend to have more faith in humanity than I sometimes should I ordered again through Aliexpress from another seller from here (same as the link some others shared previously in this thread). Got it in 2 weeks with the $1.5 shipping option. Perfect fit as others said and finished the job on my 1998 Audi A6 in few hours. And now the footwell lights come on, car doesn't auto lock with key inside and so on.

Its not a simple job but for a beginner like me it was doable. Stuff that helped me tremendously are
and
. Although you don't have to disassemble the latch itself to swap out the micro sensor, in case you do open it to fix something else, do it carefully and when you put it back, keep all the springs and pins in the same position as it originally was.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
The following users liked this post:
unpolire (06-10-2021)
Old 05-02-2018, 02:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help, key fobs not working after microswitch fix

Hi, newby member. Thanks for all the information in the forum. a real life saver.

Recently bought 2002 225 TT. I was told the drivers window didn't work but when looking through the forum realised it also had the microswitch problem. I now appear to have fixed both thanks to the forum with loads of grease and lubricant for the window motor assembly and a bit of plastic for the microswitch. The window drops now when opening / closing the door but both my key fobs no longer activate the central locking in anyway, no boot release, no clicks, nothing, so now have to open / close using the key.

I did have trouble with the final assembly as when I finished and closed the door it bounced open and wouldn't latch. After a lot of faffing I somehow got that working again . Central locking worked fine before the fix so guessing it still might be the microswitch and have ordered a replacement anyway. I have tried the re syncing 'fob press / open using the key' fix many times with both keys to no avail. I'm worried about doing the recoding fix as i'm not convinced that's the problem and I don't want to lose any existing coding in the fobs. My gut is telling me it's still the microswitch but unsure of the order of checks I should make in order to diagnose the problem if it is. Guessing the car had been modified somehow to work around the broken microswitch problem before I bought it.

Any help or advice would be very appreciated, Many thanks, Shewi
Old 06-29-2018, 11:07 PM
Back axle behind the ears

Is this the switch that controls the window dropping a tad then going back up when open/close the door...??
My drivers side only does it rarely and the passenger side doesn't do it at all...
My interior light works as it should tho...

Thanks...
Old 06-30-2018, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by mixja23
Is this the switch that controls the window dropping a tad then going back up when open/close the door...??
My drivers side only does it rarely and the passenger side doesn't do it at all...
My interior light works as it should tho...

Thanks...
Yes. This microswitch signals the window drop. Also turns on the dome light and the door open alarm in the instrument cluster. I did this microswitch replacement several years ago on driver door. Need to do it on passenger door now. Thanks for bumping this old but useful thread.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by J. Patterson

Yes. This microswitch signals the window drop. Also turns on the dome light and the door open alarm in the instrument cluster. I did this microswitch replacement several years ago on driver door. Need to do it on passenger door now. Thanks for bumping this old but useful thread.
No worries...

A cheap fix then...!!
Old 06-30-2018, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Cheap but kind of tedious.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
Cheap but kind of tedious.
Not for me lol, I won't be doing it...!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: You CAN replace the 'Door Open' micro-switch in the door latch.