TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

At your dealership, are you allowed to watch the servicing, talk to the tech doing it , or..

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At your dealership, are you allowed to watch the servicing, talk to the tech doing it , or..

you're just asked to deal with the 'service manager' mostly, who in my case didnt even hear about haldex or what is involved in the 2 yr servicing ? Also do you get a printed summary of ALL steps done at servicing?
Old 05-11-2006, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: At your dealership, are you allowed to watch the servicing, talk to the tech doing it , or..

I can talk to the tech, and I've been taken back to the bays several time, but I get the idea that it's not the norm.

And I don't get the absolute breakdown on my bills, when xk mi service is done, just the broad points.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:15 PM

Default I've never done it but from a BS insurance liability point of view>

I'm sure they'd say no. Because it would be unsafe for a customer to be around equipment that could malfunction or yadda yadda...

Audi service is notoriously crappy. It's something everybody kinda just deals with for as long as they have to. (Note that this doesn't apply to EVERYONE.)

In the past I have not gotten a service summary with ALL the steps listed and I am out of my warranty and out of their garage. So with 50k experience it has never happened to me.

Any other questions, I'd be happy to answer.
-Adam
Old 05-11-2006, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I do get a printed summary of everything done when I had individual issues covered under warranty,

When I got my 30K maintenance done however, they didn't detail each item in that maintenance. And at that time I didn't know the people at the dealer enough to hang out in the back, watching.

After having a few problems with poor quality work, and fingerprints all over my car, I talked to the service manager and was able to show the tech exactly how I wanted things done like xenon headlight aim. I also got a few tips from and made friends with one of the techs. He is now the only tech I would allow to touch my car. The service managers just try to get you to move along, annoying people.

email me if you want more detail.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I talk to anyone I want to talk to. I am on my third TT under Audi warranty...>>

and I just do what needs to be done to get what I want done correctly.

I do get a printed summary when the service is done.

The people at the two dealerships I go to know who I am from past positive experiences. I am treated well and with respect. Items under warranty are always fully taken care of for me.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

They've never allowed me, which is why I try to do stuff on my own.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Audi prefers to keep "service" a mystery. >>

The only relevant factors are your convenience in scheduling the appointment and whether or not the car was "washed" (with the dirty rag from the dirty bucket of water used on 10 other cars in the back of the service bay). Oh yes, and whether or not they were able to tack on any QUADRUPLY marked up parts to your repair, like the obscene "long life" parking light bulbs, $12 from Audi, $3 from Mercedes.

IMHO, we should collectively come up with a more relevant question list for the "courtesy call" to check on the service appointment satisfaction..

Service items should be documented, IMHO, as a double check for all those involved, not the least of which is the CUSTOMER (Hello, AoA!)

Rich
Old 05-11-2006, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ...and on the other hand, my dealer does their best, and I talk to the tech regularly. >

..Maybe too regularly for the tech : )

But they do at some level seem to appreciate my enthusiasm for the car and the fact that I'm up front with my mods (they've installed some of them for me). That way they see that they're quality parts that are done for good reason and are better than the stock ones they're replacing, so they don't hassle me later about them.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yup, walk into the garage area most of the time.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Awesome User

I get a wave and a free pass to all the techs, anytime.

Quick Reply: At your dealership, are you allowed to watch the servicing, talk to the tech doing it , or..