TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

2008 Audi TT spare tire

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT spare tire from XVIPERS

Some may run across XVIPERS an Ebay company thats selling spare tires from VWs for Audi TTs...Please be cautious. I bought a spare tire from them and $350 later it did not have the right bolt pattern. Despite "Mike from XVipers" assurances that I could return it, they have not answered my emails or phone calls. Please think twice about using XVIPERS.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Rim from VW Parts Center

Be advised. I purchased the recommended spare rim from VW Parts Center. Rim arrived fine, credit card number was compromised. They must have some security issues with their web site. Also, if anybody else is looking, the T115/85 R18 tire is available at your local Volvo dealer. A 2007 V70R used it as a spare. Not cheap, ($200) but available.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Crap I just traded my 2007 GTI in. It had the spare in the trunk. I should have grabbed it.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Skipbreather, anyone, I also have a 2011 TT and I have the spare ready to fit in the limited trunk space. My TT also came without a jack and I need to obtain one. Do I need to get a specific jack. I found one from an MK1 TT and one from a Jetta that suppossedly will fit any Audi or VW. These were sissor types. Would a small (1 to 1 1/2 ton) hydraulic bottle jack work just as well? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for any response.................
Old 05-28-2011, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

When's the last time any of you had a flat? Just curious, I haven't had one for years...knock on wood? Seems so infrequent to me, that I wonder if the inconvenience of pursuing a spare might outweigh the hassle of enduring a flat.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Skipbreather, whomever, regarding post #24. Disregard the question about using a small hydraulic bottle jack but I still need to know the type tire jack that I need to get for a 2011 TT. The jack points (half cylinder indentations) are located at each wheel. Are all the Audi jack points set up this way or is this method only on some models. Would the MK1 tire jacks work on the MK2's?

Thanks..........
Old 05-30-2011, 02:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dbucklen
Skipbreather, whomever, regarding post #24. Disregard the question about using a small hydraulic bottle jack but I still need to know the type tire jack that I need to get for a 2011 TT. The jack points (half cylinder indentations) are located at each wheel. Are all the Audi jack points set up this way or is this method only on some models. Would the MK1 tire jacks work on the MK2's?

Thanks..........
The half-cylinder indent is important, as are the jack points. Remember that the body is largely aluminum, and concentrated stresses can cause bad things. One option is OEM- they'll sell you one for "only" $275 or so. You can also watch fleabay and look for Audi jacks- look at the pictures more closely than the descriptions. Look for the white roller disks where jack engages body. I've been told A8 jacks work but cannot confirm. I was so disgusted that mine came w/o jack I just converted a compact scissor jack I had with a simple weldment I made and a bit of hard nylon I turned to 31 mm on the lathe.
Attached Images     
Old 05-31-2011, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks Skipbreather for the reply. The old saying of a picture being worth a thousand words is true. I will attempt to find one for a reasonable price at one of the Audi online parts warehouses, if not I'll go the route you went. Thanks again...............
Old 06-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Jack

I ordered a jack from ECS Tuning. $9.95 it has arrived and looks to be OEM.

Just a note for anyone with 18" wheels. The spare does not fit my 2008 3.2. I am in the process of moving the "hump". Not for the faint of heart.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Namderd, could you give me the part # of the jack you got from ECS.
Thanks................

Quick Reply: 2008 Audi TT spare tire