TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

2009 TTS Windshield Air Leaks

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 TTS Windshield Air Leaks

Hi, my car's windshield has developed air leaks that have gotten progressively worse over the last year. I took it to my car repair place, and they diagnosed the leaks. Unfortunately, they do not perform repairs on windshield seals. I called Safelite, and they told me that they do not perform that service any longer. It is leaking only air at this point, but I fear it will eventually start leaking water. Does anyone know where I can take it to have the leaks repaired?
Old 04-01-2019, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem on my '10 TTS for three weeks. I went to an Audi certified body shop and got it resealed. I even went to a nearby dealership and the service person said he had never heard of a windshield coming lose on any Audi. Also told me that the seal would "destroy" the windshield when taking it out (complete BS to me). I thought I was the only one but I see you are having similar problems.

The body shop person suspects a past windshield repair done poorly. Must have been from a previous owner since I never did one until now.
The following users liked this post:
GoldWon (03-20-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on windshield leak

Hi, this update is to follow up on my original post. After tolerating the air leak for over a year the windshield air leak progressively got worse. It was to the point where the glass was starting to rattle and vibrate when going over the slightest bump. I decided to have it replaced by Safelite late last year. The technician told me that there was NO butyl sealant on most of the top and very little on the sides. He said that it was obviously replaced and NOT done correctly. In fact, he said that it was a serious safety hazzard as the passenger dash airbag bounces off the windshield when it is deployed. I saw the glass myself and was shocked to say the least. At least now I feel safer driving and know that I will no longer be at risk for the passenger air bag not deploying properly and water coming in there.