TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

2010 Audi TT Conv - Oil Leak Open Line from Air Intake

Old 01-22-2019, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Audi TT Conv - Oil Leak Open Line from Air Intake

Just acquired a 2010 Audi TT Convertible S and was performing a Transmission service this last weekend and discovered what looked like an oil leak coming from the Turbo. On Closer investigation and removal of the Air intake tube that runs to the Turbo I found what looked to be 2 open vacuum type lines. One was connected to the Intake Air tube and appeared to have a blue colored rubber plug in the end, and the other was completely open coming from some type of module or valve sitting on top of the Cylinder head cover. The open one was laying on a cover on the back side of the engine right above the Turbo and had small amounts of oil and residue dripping out of it. The way the open one was routed and formed it looked like it should have been connected to the air intake tube (You see this on alot of cars where a line runs from the top of the head cover to the side of the intake sort of like a vent??). Anyway looks like this was removed and the other line put in its place. On closer checking of the other line with the blue plug I realized that the plug appeared to have an intentional pin hole that allowed it to breathe or suck a very small amount of air. Is anyone famailar with these tubes and how they should be connected. I did put a small rubber plug in the one dripping small amounts of oil but didnt feel comfortable leaving it this way. I have attached pictures to show and would be greatful if anyone knows why this might have been done or how these should be connected. A diagram or somewhere to find the vacuum diagram layout would be awesome. I have attached images in an effort to clarify.

Thanks