TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

2012 Audit TTRS 2.5T

Old 02-24-2018, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did first mod on the car, more of a preventive maintenance thing. The rear tail lights ground wire is underize and overtime overheats the connector and the bulbs socket assembly ground pin:

The idea is to supply an additional ground to the light assembly:

Ran the ground wire through the existing grommet and into the trunk where it terminate out of the elements. Added a two Deutsch connector, double nut on the wire ring connector and S.S. fastners:

Old 03-19-2018, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Picked up some new wheels today, fit tested front and rear, going to need 3mm spacer so the front clears the calipers. Had to go with a staggered setup because of the offset available, OEM wheels have a high offset of 52. Setup is Matte Black 19 x 8.5 ET 42, 19 x 9.5 ET 47

Last edited by northendriod; 03-19-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Did the exhaust flap mod today, disconnected the vacuum line at the flap, inserted a machine screw into the vac line and installed an OEM style clamp.

just need a 1/8" vac line plug to keep dirt out of the valve to finish off the mod. Sounds great!
Old 04-14-2018, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Finally got the new wheel on:

Old 04-18-2018, 01:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Bought a 034 Motorsport sway bar and 034 sway bar end links brand new never installed still in the box for less then I would have payed for the sway bar new for a guy in Wisconsin.
[
Old 04-18-2018, 01:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Installed the 42 Draft Design shifter bushing and the Phenix Engineering shifter cable bracket bushing on the Audi. Much better fee/feedbackl when shifting gears!

Made a DIY since the one that was out on the net had some missing information VWVortex.com - 42 Draft Design Shifter Bushing Installation - Lots of Pics
Old 04-21-2018, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Finally a warmer and sunny day! Got the car washed inside and out plus the engine bay. Installed an emblem I'd picked up a few months ago, a logo that David from StanceDubs (local VW/Audi shop) gave me .

Bought a 034 Motorsport sway bar and 034 sway bar end links brand new never installed still in the box for less then I would have payed for the sway bar new for a guy in Wisconsin.
[

​​​​​​Installed boost gauge into the vent on the Audi, I'd bought a used 034 Motorsport intake manifold boost tap so used that to tie int he plumbing, tied in the wiring into the engine fuse box since there was some spare used fuse slots.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/25h6RPw]
Old 06-24-2018, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Was at Eurokracy 2018 last weekend and took the car down the 1/4 mile for the first time. Was very pleasure with the UM tune feature and the results. Next major mods ($$$) 034 intake and a downpipe to take the tune to stage 2.

Was in good company as well mini-me (TTRS) with big brother (R8 - V10) Hooked up with the Quebec Audi Group awesome cars and people!

Old 07-02-2018, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by northendriod
Just got back from the detailer and absolutely thrilled at how the Opticoat Pro came out. The pictures don't do it justice the depth of the shine is amazing, IMO well worth the money.
Thanks for letting us follow along with your mods. A question about the Opticoat. How did the installer handle small blems and scratches when they did the install? I'm thinking of doing the same on all three of mine.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by das2.7t
Thanks for letting us follow along with your mods. A question about the Opticoat. How did the installer handle small blems and scratches when they did the install? I'm thinking of doing the same on all three of mine.
The price quoted included a stage 1 swirl removal, oxidization removal then application of the Opticoat. The detailer actually want to see the car so he could give me an accurate quote. The car was 5 year's old but luckily the previous owner took great care of the car and it only required a stage 1 swirl removal. Depend on the condition of the clear coat more aggressive correction maybe required. Opticoat is a great product I constantly get compliment about the paint at car shows and a must for black cars. The ease of washing and cleaning is worth every penny.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Audit TTRS 2.5T