TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

2013 Audi TTS Prestige Build

Old 07-06-2017, 11:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

I decided to start the brake work this week. I completed the front brakes which included EBC rotors and red pads, Goodrich steel braided hoses, and a healthy dose of red paint on the calipers.

I said before that I want to keep these mods low keyed. The red paint is that one little touch that hints there might be something going on with this car. But I'm not sure I love the red calipers. Opinions?

The following users liked this post:
Dhynes (09-04-2019)
Old 07-06-2017, 11:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

While I had the front end up in the air, I went to install the 034 Motorsport Dogbone mount. For whatever reason I had trouble determining the proper mount to order for this TTS. I was absent minded to not closely compare the mounts. It looked right from my vantage point lying on my back under the low slung car. But the new mount would not fit. It was about a half inch or more shorter than the original mount. There was no way to convince the transmission to rock over far enough to get it bolted in there. I'm waiting for return calls from 034 and ECS as they investigate.

Then I spoke to a technician at the local performance shop I use. He thought I would be better off using an insert with the original mount. Said I wouldn't like the motor vibration in the cockpit with the new mount. So I'm considering that advice.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DissenTTS: I can't see your pictures, but I want to!

Note, your photos in post #6 are visible, it's the rest that I can't open...
Old 07-07-2017, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by crewltof
DissenTTS: I can't see your pictures, but I want to!

Note, your photos in post #6 are visible, it's the rest that I can't open...
That sucks. They're all done the same way. Phone pics uploaded to the AudiWorld servers via the "insert image" button.

I see the pics can go to different hosts. I wonder if it's a temporary issue. I see all the pics. Can anybody else report the same problem?
Old 07-07-2017, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just checked, I see all from my phone. Must be firewall or filtering on my work network. (I mean, no sir, I'm not browsing the forum at work! Honest!!)

The pics look great, thanks for sharing!
Old 07-18-2017, 08:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Curious why those parts in particular... ?

So far I like your build(although I personally wouldn't track a convertible)... looking clean!

Being I am on here to investigate a few things which you have already started on I was curious about your selections. Based on your homework why did you go with the Neuspeed Sway Bar vs other brands out there for our mk2 TTS? Did you get just the rear or front and rear? Also, did you get the links and brackets as well or just the sway bars and why?

Also, same questions with the Goodrich SS Brake lines?

I like the way your calipers came out! Being I track mine down here in SoCal as well as Drive on the street/canyons a lot I'm either going to go with the BlueStuff or YellowStuff pads... still trying to figure out the Pro's/Con's vs the 2 tho before my next track event.

Thank you in advance
Old 07-18-2017, 09:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks CG.

I get that about not tracking a ragtop. But it's not why we bought the car. It's just a fun car for both of us. No more minivans for this kid! One reason I'm reluctant to look at the TTRS is because there is no ragtop in the US. I guess I'm a sun worshiper. Yes, that's it. I've mostly worked on motorcycles over the last decade, but one day I looked in the driveway and wondered if there was anything I could do to the TTS. I started doing some research and here we are. I've never tracked a car, ever. But I would sure love to give it a go.

I live in NoCal now. But I'm from your neck of the woods. Maybe you've heard of Chaminade High School in West Hills just a few miles from you. Yup, class of ....well...a long time ago. Ha.

Some things I do because they seem to be the best option. The Neuspeed sway bar was an impulse buy for a silly reason. Because it's red. I wanted a sway bar, but couldn't decide which one. So, sorry I couldn't give you a more scientific reason. It's worked out great though. I do a lot of canyon carving up here, and it's made a difference. I too am investigating whether to do the front sway bar. I probably will eventually, even if it's just because I run out of other things to do.

I did not change the links. Only because I could not find any information on whether aftermarket links would be better than stock. They seem to be a solid piece. I'll listen to opinions, and maybe order a set later.

And thanks for the feedback on the calipers. I still wonder if the red paint is over the top. But what the heck. Plus I still need to do the rears. A bit of a warning on the brake pads. I ordered the RedStuff from AutoAnything. They show part#DP31945C for the TTS with 340mm front rotor. But they're not an exact fit, and the pad hung over the top of the rotor a bit, causing the bottom of the pad not to bite. I'm still working this out and I installed the old stock pads for now. The ECS Tuning website shows a different part # DP31946C so I'm going to try them out. EBC still thinks the original pads are correct so they weren't a lot of help. I have often found confusion on whether parts will fit the TTS vs. the TT. Sometimes it's my confusion. Sometimes it's theirs.

And finally the brake lines. I changed them out to SS only to be sure to get the best stopping power I could afford. Do they make a difference? Who knows? I don't have experience with Goodridge before now but know them to be a good brand. Another not so scientific decision. Except that I've always used SS brake lines on my bikes, so it made sense to me to use them on this car.

Last edited by DissenTTS; 07-18-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

TY for the reply!

I am actually from up around where your at now(family all over between Sac and San Bruno) but have been in SoCal for about 3 years now(moved down here for work).

I understand the impulses as I have done with my other "street" cars mainly Nissans and Mitsubishis. This one I am trying to take a more educated approach on as I have bigger plans Track wise with this one

If you come across any good articles to help answer the questions please feel free to share
Old 07-19-2017, 02:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good to see others talking about the MKII TTS. I have a 2012 I purchase in November 2016 that I have been modding, have followed this thread since it started and decided to become a member to chime in. My TTS is APR stage 2+, RS brakes, SS lines, and more. I have made some bad parts choices but have learned a lot along the way for next time. I started tracking the car stock and after the first day, the mod list started. I have the Neuspeed rear sway bar but didn't go with the clamps or adjustable links, went nuespeed due to the adjustability and price, not disappointed at all. The adjustable swaybar links let you balance the individual corners for better handling. I have read to not change the front swaybar because it negates the aftermarket rear in regards to the understeer.

CorporateGrunt,
I have a set of front and rear yellowstuff pads I would sell you for $125. They have about 300 miles and one track day on them. I went RS brakes is why I changed them out. I live in Rosamond a few miles from Willow Springs Raceway.

My TTS is Misano Red. I will need to figure out how to post some pics.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I think I know you, lol... !?

Curious, your not former Air Force are you? I met a guy with a red TTS @Willow my first time out there and him and a couple of his buddies were former military from what I remember.

Are you planning on attending Team Tpoka's weekend trip to Willow/Streets of Willow 12/13 Aug?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Audi TTS Prestige Build