TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

2013 Audi TTS Prestige Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 06:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DissenTTS
Amen, bruddah. I'm right there now.
Hahahaha I figured a few hours of work is well worth 2 years of horsepower.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Upgraded my fog lights to:
1. LED
2. On as DRL.

See: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-.../#post25017811
Old 09-03-2017, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Earlier in the thread, I told you about the MSS KITS springs that I had installed. With the kit, you can choose your front springs, either street or sport. I chose the street option. And while the street option performed really well and were super comfortable, I decided to swap the front springs out for the sport version. John at MSS was a pleasure to work with to acquire the new springs.

Both the street version and the sport version perform very well. I was really happy with the street version of the front springs. Again, they performed well and are very smooth. If you want to impress your girl with the comfort, get these springs.

I changed over to the sport version only because I have dreams of tracking the car. The sport version are harsher springs. The super comfort is gone. But the performance remains. I have not had a chance to romp through the canyons with these springs yet. I hope they're not too stiff for imperfect roads. It might mean the rubber makes less contact on public roads than the smoother street springs. But it may mean better performance on a smooth track. I have yet to discover that.

While I personally don't mind the stiffer ride, I do prefer the more comfy ride for everyday use. Too bad changing springs is so labor intensive. But the sport springs are no stiffer than the stock springs, which are pretty stiff for some reason.

Last edited by DissenTTS; 09-03-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I installed these bronze bushings on the front calipers Tyrolsport brake caliper stiffening kit. This after noticing the rubber bushing wearing out from my constant front brake work.

It's also really hard not to scratch the painted calipers. Looking into local powder coating options. I haven't done the rear brakes yet, so I may get all four powder coated at once. Researching that now.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have been looking at the MSS spring kits for my TTS but decided to do bushings first. I ordered a bunch of Powerflex bushings including their anti-lift brackets for the front. Talking to a semi local alignment shop that sets up track cars, he advised me to get adjustable camber and toe brackets for the rear so I went with Megan racing for those. Now waiting on everything to come in. A couple of weeks ago I had the Haldex flashed with the UM tune but haven't driven the car much to test it. Had a track day at Willow Springs planned for yesterday but it was 104*+ here so I decided to stay home.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Motodad
I have been looking at the MSS spring kits for my TTS but decided to do bushings first. I ordered a bunch of Powerflex bushings including their anti-lift brackets for the front. Talking to a semi local alignment shop that sets up track cars, he advised me to get adjustable camber and toe brackets for the rear so I went with Megan racing for those. Now waiting on everything to come in. A couple of weeks ago I had the Haldex flashed with the UM tune but haven't driven the car much to test it. Had a track day at Willow Springs planned for yesterday but it was 104*+ here so I decided to stay home.
I haven't done any bushing work yet. I would be very interested in the detail because I would like to work on sticking this car to the tarmac.

Plus I'm from SoCal and I would consider the drive to Willow Springs at some point.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Let me know when you want to come down and we can meet up at the track. I have 2 track days planned next month, one on Streets and one on Big Willow.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Motodad
So I ended up sending the Megan parts back and ordered 034 Motorsports adjustable toe arms, adjustable camber arms, front sub-frame lock collars, rear sub-frame inserts, and their density line dogbone mount. I installed all the bushings and parts myself and the hardest part was the front sub-frame, dropping it went smoothly but going back up was a little more difficult because it's large and heavy. Luckily my son was around that day to help me with it.

The bushings really make a difference in how the car feels, much more precise and really makes the tires stick. The downside is a little more cabin noise with slightly more NVH, I went with the stiffer race bushings also and am not sorry I did because I struggled with which ones to get. With the density line dogbone mount there is a very noticeable vibration from off idle to 1800rpm that I didn't have with the Neuspeed torque arm insert. If you are looking for comfort stick to the insert. The anti-lift brackets really help to keep the car flat when braking and accelerating another good purchase in my opinion.

The next and last suspension mods are MSS adjustable sport spring kit and Integrated Engineering camber plates but waiting until after a track day on October 22nd to install. My alignment is currently zero toe F&R, -1.6F and -1.1R, after installing the springs and camber plates I plan to go with zero toe F&R, -2.5F and -1.9R with a 4 corner balance. We'll see how that works.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

FYI to both of you(and others living in California)... Team Topak Racing is doing a Track Weekend @Chuckwalla on 13/14 January, $175 for the weekend. My girl and I camped in the XTerra last time during the summer but there are also Cabins for $180 a night which sleep up to 4(2 beds).

Although both of you would run past me like im standing still it would be cool to see yall out there
Old 01-03-2018, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

I won't make it, but the price is sure right. I was researching the tracks in NoCal. There's a couple days at Laguna Seca where the cost is near $400. I don't have a track day scheduled yet. I'm still (slowly) researching the track days up here.

Quick Reply: 2013 Audi TTS Prestige Build