TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

2013 Audi TTS Prestige Build

Old 01-16-2018, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track days rule!

Unfortunately that's a bit too expensive for my tastes right now... but Laguna Seca and Infineon are two track's I would love to race when the price is right.

Its a shame you couldn't come out to Chuckwalla this past weekend... lowered my time from 2:18 to 2:15 with the help of these Federal Evo's and had a blast doing it
We'll be hitting Willow late March/early April... maybe see you there!
Old 01-16-2018, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by CorporateGrunt
Unfortunately that's a bit too expensive for my tastes right now... but Laguna Seca and Infineon are two track's I would love to race when the price is right.

Its a shame you couldn't come out to Chuckwalla this past weekend... lowered my time from 2:18 to 2:15 with the help of these Federal Evo's and had a blast doing it
We'll be hitting Willow late March/early April... maybe see you there!
What's the BW date?
Old 01-21-2018, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Today I completed the ground ("earth" in the queen's english) fix on the right side tail light assembly. I tapped into a metal ground runner in the rear of the assembly and ran a wire to a frame bolt.

I had noticed the right side tail lights were dimmer than the left side. On inspection I found the ground connection dark and toasty on the right side. The left side looked perfect. After the job, they looked the same brightness.

Thanks to Vegas-roadster for pointing out the YouTube videos.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DissenTTS
Today I completed the ground ("earth" in the queen's english) fix on the right side tail light assembly. I tapped into a metal ground runner in the rear of the assembly and ran a wire to a frame bolt.

I had noticed the right side tail lights were dimmer than the left side. On inspection I found the ground connection dark and toasty on the right side. The left side looked perfect. After the job, they looked the same brightness.

Thanks to Vegas-roadster for pointing out the YouTube videos.
I have since followed it up with all LEDs in the rear of the vehicle.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

I added white LED footwell lights today. I can guarantee that I will never do that again. Getting too old to twist around upside down in the footwell.

But they did come out perfect. I changed the bit with my OBDEleven. I found the CE connector and pushed the pin right into a waiting pin #50. The driver side had no shaped hole to receive the light, so I used 3m Dual Lock tape. It ended up being in a position where I could add an 8' tie wrap, so I did. I removed the inside panels between the footwells (one screw) and that created just enough opening to route the wires with the help of a wire hanger (fresh from the dry cleaner) to pull it thru. The passenger side did have an opening for the footwell light, so that was a breeze.

I did this because this Roadster has barely any light inside when it's dark. There are two small dome lights but they are not very bright. The interior is black, so ambient photons get sucked right into the material.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

What do you think of the Euro plate. I haven't decided whether I'll keep it on there. I've had it for a while and finally decided to see what it looks like on the car.

I'm thinking of ordering one with a black background and white letters.

I'll admit it was wet and cold outside and I was looking for something to tinker with.

The following users liked this post:
Dhynes (09-04-2019)
Old 03-06-2018, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had the windows tinted today. This is something else I wanted to do for a while. I did a bit of research to get the shades just right (for my taste). I wanted to go dark, but I'm glad I didn't go too dark on the doors. 35% on the doors, 15% on the rear window. I do like it darker on the rear window. I was afraid it would look odd being darker than the doors, but it blends right in with the black paint and black ragtop. And there's nothing to see back there but the seat backs and the space for the open ragtop.

Even though I did the tint, I'm not blacking out the car. For instance, when I replace the wheels I plan on staying with silver. That will keep the classic look without looking like a teenager's tuner, IMHO.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

APR Stage 2+. Finally got there. Damn, it's quick now. And even with the stock cat back exhaust, there's a strong note at high RPMs.

I better get those brakes upgraded soon. HA!

The recent component mods are:
42 Draft Design downpipe with high flow cat and resonator
Integrated Engineering Intercooler
Turbo pipe w/muffler delete, Throttle pipe
Go Fast Bits DV+ diverter valve
Old 05-16-2018, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh, the woes of modding: My Spulen turbo to discharge pipe silicone hose blew its load. Nice 2 inch gash in it. I really have no idea how it happened, or even when it happened. It still holds a boost, although not a high boost. And the ECU seems to be telling to engine to compensate, as the RPMs will fluctuate. The reason I'm not sure when it happened is because I was on a 350 journey from SoCal to NoCal. I got home tired and wiped out. I realized the trouble when I started the car the next morning. I called USP and they replaced the hose for me. I replaced it on the car last night and today I had no trouble on an 80 mile round trip drive. Even "accidentally" hit 125 passing traffic. Easy to do.

I could see the gash as soon as I pulled the tire. It seems to be in the one spot that's exposed, which does make me wonder if something struck it during my long drive.

Last edited by DissenTTS; 05-16-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

I knew I would be on this side of the engine, so I took the opportunity to replace the pulley.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Audi TTS Prestige Build