TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

2013 Audi TTS Prestige Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Finally installed the spoiler. I think it looks pretty good. Here are pics topless and covered up.
I haven't worked out the bits and bytes yet, so I'm getting both spoiler and speed warnings on the dash. Hopefully, I'll be able to work that out with the OBDEleven this week.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

I don't know if I'm loving the spoiler. Opinions?
Old 12-14-2018, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, the wife hated the spoiler and I didn't love it. So I removed it.

Looks like I have an OEM rear spoiler for sale now. Freshly painted Phantom Black.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Big Brake Kit Installed. What a difference in stopping power!
  • RS front brake calipers w/RS backing plates
  • Girodisc 370mm front brake rotors
  • JHM RS6 335mm 2-piece rear rotors
  • 034 Motorsports rear caliper brackets for 335mm rotors
  • Raybestos brake pads for track use- front ST-45 and rear ST-43
The Raybestos ST-45 brakes pads up front are pretty noisy. I may lose some grip, but I'm going to try other pads for every day use.

I was hoping the Audi wheels would clear the RS calipers, but no such luck. I thought these wheels were also used on the RS. Maybe the rotor hat is different. Who knows? We had 10mm spacers on hand and used those to get the car on the road.

There's extra clearance now and I'm getting a slight tire rub in the left front. It's the left only so maybe my fat ****. I have both 7mm and 8mm spacers on order. Whichever work best up front, I'll put the other on the rear. Then consider wheel options down the road.

Last edited by DissenTTS; 12-30-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Front suspension and ride height adjustments done.
  • Powerflex Front control arm - rear anti-lift and caster offset
  • Powerflex Front Control Arm Front Bushing Camber Adjustable
  • 034 Motorsports Front subframe locking collar kit
The MSS Kit Springs had been bottomed out since they were first installed, and they settle down quite a bit. The ride was terrible when the car sat so low, but it looked good. Ha. We raised it 10-12mm all around. And visually, I think I can raise it a few mm higher if needed. I also replaced the rubber so that didn't hurt things. The car handles fantastic now. The front end is really tight and precise. It was digging into the dips and bumps, and now seems to ride over them. Each of these mods makes it a different car.

The front camber is now at about 2.2 degrees. That's w/o the camber plates installed, so I'm not going to bother with them for now.

I'm now collecting the goodies for the rear suspension, and will do that in the next month or so.

Last edited by DissenTTS; 12-31-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DissenTTS
Well, the wife hated the spoiler and I didn't love it. So I removed it.

Looks like I have an OEM rear spoiler for sale now. Freshly painted Phantom Black.
IMHO, it looks better w/o fixed spoiler.....
Old 12-31-2018, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A6S4

IMHO, it looks better w/o fixed spoiler.....
Good to hear. I think it looks better on the Coupe, and doesn't look as good on the Roadster. Trying things like that is part of the journey.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hello All, I'm providing myself some closure on this fun journey with this little black beauty.

After much soul-searching and huge costs to fix a damaged valve, we decided to part with the 2013 TTS Roadster and replace it with something brand new. We were inclined to stay in the Audi family after having 3 TT's and 2 Q7's over the last ten years.

So I went online and did a build of a new RS3. It's a roomier car and has that fantastic inline 5 that it shares with the TTRS. I already had some modest mods picked out to make it a little more fun. And wow does that thing drive tight. Like an overgrown TTRS.

Then my wife had her say. (Happy wife....you know the rest guys). At the age of 54, I was informed that I'll be driving a grown-up car. But I don't wanna grow up! She wants to get an S5 Cabriolet. No offense to any S5 fans, and call me what you want, but that's a chick's car. No way I was driving an S5 Cabriolet. Our Audi salesman was actually privvy to a lot of this conversation. You could see he was trying to help us pick a car that would suit both our fancies. Then he said "have you ever seen the RS 5?". Why no, we say. He rattled of the power specs and I gave a little Tim Allen grunt. He has to go get the car from deep on the lot. He pulls up with the car and my wife has an approving look. Long story short, after going over the car and giving it a test drive we were sold. So weird to say that an RS 5 is our compromise car.

The RS5 is really comfortable (where the TTS was maybe not so much) it looks great, it handles well for a bigger car. It tracks really nice in the corners and has plenty of power when it's needed. I still don't want to grow up so I'll keep tuning and modding my motorcycle, and who know what the future brings. Maybe I'll see ya on the RS5 forum.

A sexy pic.

An even sexier part of the car. Dual turbos on a 2.9 L V-6 producing 444HP. There's some real giddyup on a car that's not all that small.

Last edited by DissenTTS; 09-03-2019 at 07:08 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DissenTTS:
Atlas Del Mar (11-30-2019), Dhynes (09-04-2019)