TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

2015 TT Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 TT Bluetooth

I am new to my 2015 TT. I posted on the MK3 thread because I thought that is where a 2015 question belonged but it was suggested that this was a better place to post my question. I bought this car used trading in my much loved 2001. I am struggling a bit with the bluetooth. I had hoped that the system would be more intuitive and better documented. I was confused by the fact that there is no USB connection. Can anyone tell me how many bluetooth devices this car can support? I thought I synched my phone but can't access my music so plan to start over. Does any one have any hints on the basic synch process that might help me? Thanks. Joe
Old 06-04-2017, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default some answers

Originally Posted by jahhaas
I am new to my 2015 TT. I posted on the MK3 thread because I thought that is where a 2015 question belonged but it was suggested that this was a better place to post my question. I bought this car used trading in my much loved 2001. I am struggling a bit with the bluetooth. I had hoped that the system would be more intuitive and better documented. I was confused by the fact that there is no USB connection. Can anyone tell me how many bluetooth devices this car can support? I thought I synched my phone but can't access my music so plan to start over. Does any one have any hints on the basic synch process that might help me? Thanks. Joe
Assuming you are in the USA, they sent you here because you have a Mk 2 TT, not a Mk 3. The 2015 Mk 3 was not sold in the US but started with the 2016 model. The US 2015 TT is a Mk 2 actually manufactured in late 2013 and sold as 2015 models to avoid a TT dead year in the US as happened in 2007 between the Mk 1 and Mk 2. If you are in Europe and have a 2015 Mk 3 then explain that when you go back to the Mk 3 board.

The electronics on the Mk 2 and Mk 3 are totally different. If you are in the US, you have a Mk 2 with a Bose stereo. I have a Concert in my 2011 but I believe the interfaces are similar. You will have to RTFM for precise answers. The Bluetooth is for telephone only and can sync with up to 4. There was an option offered for an ipod interface. There is no USB interface. You can also play music via the auxiliary input jack on the center console tray (it is hard to find at first). I have all of my music on an ipod and do not have the ipod interface option so I use the AUX. On the Concert, the set up for each input is different. That is, if you set the bass etc for FM, the AUX, then CD, etc. WAZE navigation voice commands on my iPhone come through the Bluetooth but not streaming music from the internet. I do not have any music stored on my iPhone so someone else will have to address if playing stored tunes is possible but I do not think it is. If you do an internet search you will find aftermarket solutions for Bluetooth connections for the TT to other devices and playing music from a phone.

Last edited by Vegas-roadster; 06-04-2017 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks to Vegas Roadster. I was looking for the AUX input and couldn't find it. I looked at the manual and the photo of the cockpit showing where everything I don't seem to have an AUX input. There is small print suggesting that I look at a separate pamphlet for my audio system. I looked at that and find that if I have NAV there isn't an AUX input. Great.....A Nav system I won't use because I prefer WAZE means that I don't get an AUX input. Looks like my 2015 car has the audio system of a 1999 Ford. I realize that German cars have bad cup holders because we shouldn't drink coffee while we drive. I can't use my favorite Contigo travel mug because it doesn't fit the cup holder. Now I can't listen to my music other than by connecting an ipod that will only play songs in alphabetical order. I still like the way the car drives and looks but this lack of insight in installing electronics in a 2015 car are just annoying.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are you sure you dont have an aux port? there is not "aux" input/button u just hit the cd and it goes to aux if u have something connected, it is really hard to see unless you are at the back. Here is what it looks like. You can add an in dash unit but its going to be pricy, but I enjoy mine.

Old 06-05-2017, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

The aux input works well once you find it. Then you can use a playlist and go from there. This method does not pause the iPod if you change to the radio though. There is another method using a Tune 2 Air (sp?) that allows for Bluetooth use of your iPod/phone. Do you have the CD player option in the glove box? If so, this method would work. It will emulate a CD player, so none of the track information comes over other than "track 1", but it does work better with the radio controls. The forum link below gets into the parts needed to replace the CD changer, then I added a Tune2Air instead of plugging my iPod into the new cable. Still emulates a CD, but at least I can also use the radio at the same time if needed. The phone is synched per the normal method. Don't know about things like Waze as I don't have a smart phone.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-...rface-2858765/
Old 06-05-2017, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a 2013 with NAV, and I have the port. Lean way back and take a second look.

You can also get an adapter for the interface that is in the glove-box. The installed interface is for iPhone, but you can get an adapter for most common interfaces, including the standard mini jack. I might still have my adapter - and I don't use it - so let me know if you'd like it (assuming I can find it!)

Consider, too, with the NAV, you should have two SD slots behind the NAV display. That is pretty much all I use today, other than the radio.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2015 Bluetooth

Thanks for the responses particularly the photo of where the aux port should be. I have checked and don't have one in that location. I would still like to find a way to play music off of my phone through services like Pandora. Does anyone have a solution and a suggestion of where I would go to install the solution?
Old 06-08-2017, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

My 2013 TTS Roadster has the phone functions disabled so I can't help you there. I guess they figure you can't hear anything in a Roadster, but you can. I use the same glove box connection mentioned above. My phone is a Galaxy, but I use an old iPod with the old wide iPod adapter in the car, plus I move the iPod to my BMW m/c which has it's own adapter.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'd check with yur dealer

Originally Posted by DissenTTS
My 2013 TTS Roadster has the phone functions disabled so I can't help you there. I guess they figure you can't hear anything in a Roadster, but you can. I use the same glove box connection mentioned above. My phone is a Galaxy, but I use an old iPod with the old wide iPod adapter in the car, plus I move the iPod to my BMW m/c which has it's own adapter.
Phone should not be disabled. Works on my roadsTTer
Old 06-09-2017, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'd look into the aftermarket solutions you find on a google search

Originally Posted by jahhaas
Thanks for the responses particularly the photo of where the aux port should be. I have checked and don't have one in that location. I would still like to find a way to play music off of my phone through services like Pandora. Does anyone have a solution and a suggestion of where I would go to install the solution?
I can't find a source but I read somewhere that you don't want to use the TT phone Bluetooth interface via a hack etc because it is limited bandwidth and thus poor music fidelity. The aftermarket solutions seem to use their own Bluetooth link.

Last edited by Vegas-roadster; 06-09-2017 at 06:09 AM.