TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

APR .. Back to #1 !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR .. Back to #1 !!

Just hung up with Stephen (CEO of APR LLC) regarding all the mess that happened due to the holiday delays. I gotta tell you after talking to him, APR is back to #1 on my list. He was very supportive and most important he will get my ECU shipped today (not next monday) which saves me 4 days! for that I am very thankful to him. he also will send some stuff with my package free of charge (T-shirts,, etc.). And i can assure you, with this kind of customer service, I would be more than happy to deal with APR again. as for Kvn22 you were asking Revo or GIAC, well i investigated before you and what i got as bottom line was "Go APR". I'm not saying other companies are bad but when i took people's opinion i ended up sending it to APR. not mentioning the holiday sale (if u could catch it before it ends). I'll be posting another thread a week or 10 days later uppon the driving experience in details. And the countdown starts :P

woooh! what a relief.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:52 AM

Smart man!!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default While you were on the phone with him, did you happen to ask how they were

coming with their TTS software? Glad you got your situation all worked out, but it shouldn't have taken a phone call from the CEO to get your ECU back. If the holiday was a problem they should have mentioned that before your car was down for a few days. Hopefully along with the T-shirts the gave you a loaded ECU.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default And here is the point where my Luck kicks in! LOL

LOL! oh my god.. really really oh my god this is typically my luck LOL!

I got a call regarding my ECU, there happens to be a problem (my LUCK). the ECU seems to be damaged during shipping. well, The ECU is being shipped to me at the moment. amazingly will be accompanied with a spare (working) ECU free (what i call GOOD Customer service). i need to get it to my Audi dealer to get it flashed (to get my key configuration on the new ECU) and send it back for tuning. I'll be using the car actually and wouldn't send it directly, I'll send it later (needing the car these days). I have to say I'm impressed with the spare ECU free thing. Plus I'm going to collect my insurance on my old ECU damaged by FedEx, however. i don't know whats the procedure with FedEx, but I'll keep u all posted.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thats pretty good, I didn't know the TT's could still do the spare ECU. The B6 S4 can't

unless you get the code from germany.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

I dont know about that.. but for sure it wouldn't start unless it gets flashed by Audi.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ah so it isn't like the B5's where as long as the code matched it would work.

Audi still needs to know you have a new ECU.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: APR .. Back to #1 !!

I spoke with Keith Lucas at APR and after 20 minutes on the phone with him I'm sold. I have spend close to 2 months of researching and I have to say, APR. Next week the streets of NYC will have another crazy $#@% on the streets thanks to APR baby. I'll post my results guys. Thanks
Old 01-03-2009, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GIAC does a phenominal job too! VF and Stasis rely on their meticulous work!

I rely on what companies rely on them more than how good the phone salesman was. APR does good work and I'm sure you'll be happy, but what you're describing is a good salesman at work.

GIAC does ALL of VF Engineering, Statis, Del Rio, AWE, and a few others to say the least. My car has 75k on it now and 40 of which are from a big GT2871 turbo and 351hp to the wheels. ALL miles from week one from GIAC.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

i wasnt saying anything more than an update on my situation =)

Quick Reply: APR .. Back to #1 !!